Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that should be a mandatory and immediate booking

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
1) Waving imaginary cards at the referee

2) Casually running across the ball just as your opponents place it for a free kick. Pretending you're just walking back, but making damn sure they can't take it

3) Doing any of the following goal celebrations (a) kissing the badge (b) that rocking the baby thing (c) anything that's really obviously contrived and pre-rehearsed, like certain dance routines

4) Having your kids names sewn into your football boots

5) Blowing snot out of your nose by closing one nostril

6) sweating as much as Zidane does

7) Smugly applauding the ref when he sends an opponent off (see Batistuta, Gabriel)

8) Jumping up and down celebrating, in a team hug, when you're awarded a penalty. Celebrate when you score it, you overpaid idiots, not before.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I am getting very pissed off with players when fouled always going down in agony, then getting up 10 seconds later. I know it has always happended but this world cup it has been rife, i dont think i have seen one fouled player just stad up and get on with it. Perhaps anyone who feins injury should be given a small morphene so each time they do it they get a little more in their system. I thought it was m,eant to be a mans game.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
After the 'magic sponge' is brought on the player should leave the field and the ref not let them back on for 3 mins. How many players would stay down then?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
culvers said:
I am getting very pissed off with players when fouled always going down in agony, then getting up 10 seconds later. I know it has always happended but this world cup it has been rife, i dont think i have seen one fouled player just stad up and get on with it. Perhaps anyone who feins injury should be given a small morphene so each time they do it they get a little more in their system. I thought it was m,eant to be a mans game.

Not sure about that.. I've taken a kick on the ankle many times and it has hurt extremely for the first few seconds.. but getting up and running it off helps.. the natural reaction. which is primal in all of us to to crumple to the floor and curl up in a ball to protect ourselves..

Still having said all that.. nowadays you would think this kind of natural behaviour would be 'trained' out of them.. the overpaid cuntchops!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Re: Re: Things that should be a mandatory and immediate booking

The Large One said:
Nooooo! That's classy. I do it all the time. :)

The landlord is starting to complain though.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Waving imaginary cards at the referee, now thats what has ruined the world cup, i am disgusted with the germans against sweden, when 2 players went after the ref to get him sent off, and when the ref was laughing when giving him the red card was appaulling, somethings have got to change

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Going down, 3 seconds after the event like he's been poleaxed after a gentle headbutt. Yes the perpetrator should walk but so should the play actor.

Rolling around on the ground after a tackle, if it was that bad you wouldn't be rolling about you'd be trying to keep still, book the bastard for cheating

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
BensGrandad said:
After the 'magic sponge' is brought on the player should leave the field and the ref not let them back on for 3 mins. How many players would stay down then?

perhaps the water should be stained (safe food dye) so its easier to see who has been 'fouled'..

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I hate it when a player (often portugese) rolls around on the floor after an opposing player has lightly touched his shirt thus sending him tumbling to the ground.

There's an easy rule that could be adopted

Two or more than rolls on the ground - yellow card
Four or more or three and "that grimace" and the outstretched arms - red card.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Wearing any other country's kit on the pitch when England are playing - yellow card.
Defending against England set pieces - yellow card.
Scoring against England - yellow card.
Being French - red card.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
That's what I don't understand - FIFA/the FA could so easily and effectively deal with diving if they'd just introduce retrospective punishment, which they've already set a precedent for doing with regards to violent conduct. I know not all diving is clear-cut and punishable, but there are enough examples that are blatant. Ban Ronaldo for three matches every time he sends himself flying and it might stop.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Repugnant Toad said:
That's what I don't understand - FIFA/the FA could so easily and effectively deal with diving if they'd just introduce retrospective punishment, which they've already set a precedent for doing with regards to violent conduct. I know not all diving is clear-cut and punishable, but there are enough examples that are blatant. Ban Ronaldo for three matches every time he sends himself flying and it might stop.

Yes but that would means they would have to ban Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal players - thats a big no no.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BensGrandad said:

What if they were fouled and are actually injured?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Being German, Argentinean or especially Mark McCammon should result in an immediate red card and a lifetime ban from the game, I think.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Playing for a team with a name made of the letters A-A-C-C-E-L-L-P-R-S-T-Y

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
There was a great article in the times a couple of days ago that suggested that Graham Poll was dont in fact wrong , just ahead of his time.

In the age where you can get booked for breathing having only 2 cards is crazy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here