Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Terminal

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Its Spielberg it must be utter shite of course, the bloke hasn't made a decent film in his life.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My female colleague said it was utter gash, my male colleague and his wife thought it was fantastic and my boss and his wife thought it was great

Got 7.1 on imdb which is a pretty high score so loads and loads of people must love it.

Never seen it myself.

The Terminal (2004)
Directed by
Steven Spielberg

Genre: Drama / Romance / Comedy (more)

Tagline: Life is waiting.

Plot Outline: An eastern immigrant finds himself stranded in JFK airport, and must take up temporary residence there. (more) (view trailer)

User Rating: 7.1/10 (24,669 votes)

Cast overview, first billed only:
Tom Hanks .... Viktor Navorski
Catherine Zeta-Jones .... Amelia Warren
Stanley Tucci .... Frank Dixon
Chi McBride .... Mulroy
Diego Luna .... Enrique Cruz
Barry Shabaka Henley .... Thurman
Kumar Pallana .... Gupta Rajan
Zoe Saldana .... Torres (as Zoë Saldana)
Eddie Jones .... Salchak
Jude Ciccolella .... Karl Iverson
Corey Reynolds .... Waylin
Guillermo Díaz .... Bobby Alima
Rini Bell .... Nadia
Stephen Mendel .... First Class Steward
Valeri Nikolayev .... Milodragovich (as Valera Nikolaev)

Trivia: When Amelia does her makeup at the table while sitting with Viktor, she pulls out an Elizabeth Arden compact. Catherine Zeta-Jones, who played Amelia, is currently a spokeswoman for Elizabeth Arden cosmetics. (more)

Awards: 2 wins & 2 nominations (more)

TERMINAL, THE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Comments:

Feel-good, 8 July 2004

Author: Derek237 from Canada

It's funny how Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks, two of Hollywood's most powerful men, who could literally do any movie they want, end up making something like The Terminal. Instead of reaching for new heights of film-making like including the latest in special effects, or new original ways of storytelling and editing, Spielberg goes back to a simpler form. That in itself is surprisingly refreshing. Filmmakers try so hard to be inventive and change the typical form of the classics, that when someone finally does go back to that Capra or Wilder fashion, it ends up seeming original. That's what The Terminal goes for. A movie about characters, not plot. About emotion, not CGI. It's a true heart-felt piece of work. It's funny, it's cute, and it always keeps you interested.

Tom Hanks leads an exceptional cast as Viktor Navorski, a man stranded in JFK airport, not welcome in the U.S. and having no country to come home to. Throughout the experience he makes friends, a love interest, and a rival. He changes all of their lives, of course. That's to be expected from a movie like this. Tom Hanks is totally believable, accent and all. It's a performance well worthy of an Oscar nod.

I loved The Terminal for many reasons, but one big reason is it's simplicity. And more importantly, because it is good at being simple. It doesn't contribute anything new to movies, it doesn't try to. It is what it is. A great, feel-good film. Something that is getting rarer and rarer these days. Sometimes you'll want to see a gritty, wrenching melodrama, but other times you'll want to see The Terminal.

My rating: 10/10

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I hope I have brought a little sunshine it your life MOH. I will defend Spielberg to my dying breath as being a brilliant director , head and shoulders above anyone else in the game. His films have brought me endless joy. :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
COME ON WHERE THE FECKING SLAGGINGS OFF :censored: , MOH, UNCLE BUCH, CHAPPERS, TLO YOUR MISSING OUT ON AN OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE AN EASY POP :censored:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Marshy said:
i thought it was great...2 hours of Catherine Zeta Jones...perfect.

2 hours of CZJ would be perfect, but 2 hours of CZJ and Tom Hanks together kind of balances out as a big fat zero in my books.

To achieve perfect results I'd rather watch Mask of Zorro or Intolerable Cruelty again.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Another Mystery is the hatred of Hanks. He was good as Forrest Gump whether you like the film or not Philedelphia but his best performance was in Saving Private Ryan. He is a good actor.

What gives ???

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
That smug chubby grin that makes you want to punch him. The one says "Hey, I'm loveable Tom Hanks so you are obviously going to love my character in this." Am I bollocks. The same sort of faux appeal that makes every Robin Williams film since Dead Poets Society crap.

To be fair he was OK in Shaving Ryan's Privates.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Agreed Saving Private Ryan was his career best performance nominated for an Oscar , his oscar wins for Philedelphia and Forrest Gump were not as good.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Uncle Spielberg said:
His films have brought me endless joy. :thumbsup:

Jenna Jamesons films have done the same for me US:love:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here