Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The tale of three players

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
1. Liam Bridcutt - Joined as a squad player last year on a 1 year contract. Played a blinder throughout the season and has just enjoyed a good pre-season...Will be walking out tomorrow to the newest and one of the most state of the art stadiums in the country to a crowd of 17,000 cheering him on.

2. Elliott Bennett - One of the players of the season for his previous club and loved by the fans of the club he left. In one months time he will be walking out at Stamford Bridge, probably pinching himself that he is playing in the Premier League against one of the top clubs in Europe.

3. Glenn Murray - Top scorer of a championship side and best season ever in league football. Had a turbulent pre-season where the supporters of his new club have already begun criticising him for a lack of passion and rapport with home fans. Will be walking out in two weeks against Peterborough for his new club against a team he played against in League 1 in a relegation 6 pointer!

Isn't football a funny old game:bhasign:

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
or

1)Good on him , hard working and diligent guy.

2)All the best.Wrong decision. Smaller club but one in a higher league so fine by me.

3)Why oh why throw your career down the plug-ole. Sad loser!

TNBA

TTF

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
1. Could be the player of the Champioship - sssh
2. Squad player
3, Buried in a relegation tusle

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
1) Bridcutt's initial contract was only for 6 months but was extended until the end of the season, then was given a 2 year deal in the summer

sammy g

There is no way Norwich are a smaller club than us

Quite right, Norwich are very well supported team with a long history of topflight Football with a smattering of Euro Football thrown in. Is comments like this about how massive we are which is embarrassing and gives us a bad name!I am not saying that we cannot be considered as a team like Norwich at some point but we need to be a little realistic.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2. Squad player

Unlikely, for what they paid for him, Lambert will be expecting to have him on the teamsheet every week. Let's wait and see eh? When Crofty went there someone here suggested the best he could hope for was to warm the bench a few times. He started 44 games (missed 2 through suspension), never appeared from the bench and scored 8 goals as they totally creamed the division, almost ended up their player of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here