Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Manchester Utd v Arsenal meh thread.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Well all this excitement has put me in the mood for tomorrow night. Let's make it loud in the 'Library'. Got my new scarf having lost the last one too. Might even join in with Ring of Fire....Der der der der der der der der

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've got distracted and am looking at bicycle wheels :rock:

I'll let you know when I stumble across United's 'Official 700C Wheel partner'.

They might actually need one, seeing as the wheels seem to be falling off the Man(Utd) Van... :jester:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
This means, we are as good as the mancs, welost at home by one goal to the gooners, and so did they. And we don't cheat like they do, so we are morally superior

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Just need United to lose the top four position to round their season off nicely.

It would round my season off very nicely.

I especially enjoyed the bit when Danny Murphy appeared to be having an argument with himself......shame really, I think he's one of the better "pundits".

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
image.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Couldn't care less who wins this game. But I'm pleased to see Danny Welbeck celebrating his goal. This whole non-celebrating thing when you score against your old club is getting out of hand. I understand if you're some sort of club legend who played 400 games for someone, or who grew up as a supporter. But these days we're seeing players failing to raise even a smile when they score against somebody they played ten games on loan for the previous season. It's ridiculous. Goals are meant to be celebrated. Celebrate them.

Yes, I even include Glenn Murray in this- I bet it's the one thing that slightly disappoints Palace fans about him, that he's never celebrated a single goal against us, simply jogged back for the kick off. I bet, no matter how pleased they are with his goals, they secretly wish he'd run straight to the Albion fans and give it large.

Anyway. Well played, Danny Welbeck.

I've never really noticed, but do the same non-celebrating players celebrate when their team-mates score, and their 'new' team goes on to win the game? If so, the who 'not-celebrating' seems a *bit* pointless to me...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well who knew. The top sides are kept apart. Miracle.

How would you suggest that occurred Edna? Four numbered balls pre allocated to the team(s) left in the competition, put into a clear receptacle in front of live TV cameras, with the balls picked at random by those with an obscured view of the inside of the receptacle. Maybe Paul Daniels and Debbie McGhee were picking them?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Couldn't care less who wins this game. But I'm pleased to see Danny Welbeck celebrating his goal. This whole non-celebrating thing when you score against your old club is getting out of hand. I understand if you're some sort of club legend who played 400 games for someone, or who grew up as a supporter. But these days we're seeing players failing to raise even a smile when they score against somebody they played ten games on loan for the previous season. It's ridiculous. Goals are meant to be celebrated. Celebrate them.

Yes, I even include Glenn Murray in this- I bet it's the one thing that slightly disappoints Palace fans about him, that he's never celebrated a single goal against us, simply jogged back for the kick off. I bet, no matter how pleased they are with his goals, they secretly wish he'd run straight to the Albion fans and give it large.

Anyway. Well played, Danny Welbeck.

Yes! Didn't watch the game but the first thing I noticed in the report was DW celebrating in the picture and thought the same as you.

Although I don't blame the players. It's the overdemanding, 'He didn't even clap us' whining fans going over every little detail of football these days, ably assisted by the media and the 'experts' that have lead to this no celebration thing I reckon.

Loved that Adebayor celebration all those years back. Seeing grown men spitting (fake) fury at a footballer was pathetic. A few v signs, and **** off and maybe a song is all that is required. Football would be much more fun if we could take it as well as we give it a bit more.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How would you suggest that occurred Edna? Four numbered balls pre allocated to the team(s) left in the competition, put into a clear receptacle in front of live TV cameras, with the balls picked at random by those with an obscured view of the inside of the receptacle. Maybe Paul Daniels and Debbie McGhee were picking them?

Hot & cold balls.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Following on from the refs brilliant game, can Man U ask him not to ref them again? And will the premier league perhaps not put him in charge of a Man U game?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Following on from the refs brilliant game, can Man U ask him not to ref them again? And will the premier league perhaps not put him in charge of a Man U game?

I'm not sure they can do that these days. When Fergie was running the Premiership that sort of thing was a given, additionally, Man Utd went for something like 8 years without conceding a penalty at Old Trafford, oddly.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Apropos of nothing, does anybody else have this suspicion that Olivier Giroud is, deep down, a bit of a cock?

A close friend of mine photographed Giroud for one of his sponsors. He felt that considering the level of sponsorship and the time commitment involved meant this was a gig fantastically better paid than his day job playing football that his attitude was of a monumental sized cock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here