Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Dingle-County Kerry

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
Superb place - one of my most favourite places. Setting for the film "Ryan's Daughter"...

Have been 3 times, and would love to go again.

Sigull

'Arte et Marte'
Jul 16, 2003
Bracklesham Bay
The dingle is grand but The Ring of Beara is even grander so it is.

Go to Kenmare and have a session in Foley's hotel. Go to Killarney and seek out Danny and have a ride round the Lakes in his jaunting cart.....it's a great Craic (tell him O'muracouh recommended him)

Last edited:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Lovely area of the West coast of Ireland!

I was in a spit & sawdust pub in Dingle a few years back - in the middle of nowhere & as remote as you can get - when a couple of strangers came up to me & said; "Is your name Eddie & do you live in Crowborough?"

In a split second I thought 'Shit, they're gonna pull out a shooter & blow my head off! Or take me outside and cave my head in with a baseball bat??!'

I cooly asked; "why, who's asking?"

They explained that they came from Crowborough & thought they recognised me from a pub (that I hardly ever went to). They had cycled all the way to Dingle on a couple of womens bikes with baskets on them??!

But, boy, I did shit myself for a second.

*parp*

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Eddie the Seagull said:

I cooly asked; "why, who's asking?"

That answer always suggests to me that you are the person in question. If I've ever been a victim of mistaken identity I've never answered 'why, who's asking?' Always...Er,no. Sorry.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I found several bars in Dingle Town,were shops as well! One was a shoe shop on one side and a bar on the other side,with just one toilet,for use by all.:drink: As for Slea Head,the sea and veiws are something else.:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here