Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The British Grand Prix (Zoooooom!)

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
The British Grand Prix at Silverstone was disrupted by a protester who forced his way on to the track and walked into the path of the high-speed Formula One cars.

63083.jpg

The man was wearing a kilt and a tam o'shanter and found his way on to the fastest part of the track, the flat-out Hangar Straight.

He paraded in the middle of the track, and forced several cars to take avoiding action.

Race officials scrambled to safety car to reduce speed and prevent overtaking while a steward finally ended the protest, rugby-tackling the man to the ground.

He was led away by police and the race resumed.

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
what a tit :nono:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I was there Friday. It's piss easy to get onto the track if you really want to.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It was a great race with a surprising amount of overtaking happening. Don't know what the runner was protesting about, he was clearly an idiot on two counts though as he could have got killed, and the signs he wrote were so poor that the were actually unreadable!!!

:lolol:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
You've got to have a screw or two loose to stand in front of a car going 200 miles an hour......

What a twat!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought he was a tit. Just like anyone else who paid a ton to watch a few cars parade around a track.

Dull.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
What a race. It had it all - loads of overtaking, a mad Bible basher acting as a human chicane, and Schumacher M. failing to get on the podium. Top stuff.

It was in the 'papers, Juan. Apparently it read 'The Bible is always right. Read the Bible'. Presumably he'd fixated on the verses in the New Testament which encourage lunatics to do their evangelising on 200mph straights during motor races. My Bible's a bit patchy, so I can't quote the exact bit. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JEM

Jul 5, 2003
Bevendean
The Bible. A Hebrew soap opera. :yawn:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I've read it from cover to cover & I still can't tell who done it.

Spose I'll have to stick to the Janet & John series. Trouble is, they never get it on together.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here