Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The BBC have a new weatherman...

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
About time the lazy spoilt turd did something usefull.

He works almost a 5 day week, not a day goes by where he doesn't have something to attend whether it be dealing with charity work or other visits to buildings on Royal Duty. Sure they get paid a lot, but I am willing to bet that the majority of the higher ups in the Royal Family work just as hard as you or me.

They are almost constantly in the public eye which does place a great deal of stress on their lives (and they didn't choose to be in the public eye and they really have no way to escape)

The Royal Family also generate a LOT of money for the British Economy, more than they get 'paid' in fact.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He works almost a 5 day week, not a day goes by where he doesn't have something to attend whether it be dealing with charity work or other visits to buildings on Royal Duty. Sure they get paid a lot, but I am willing to bet that the majority of the higher ups in the Royal Family work just as hard as you or me.

They are almost constantly in the public eye which does place a great deal of stress on their lives (and they didn't choose to be in the public eye and they really have no way to escape)

The Royal Family also generate a LOT of money for the British Economy, more than they get 'paid' in fact.
Have you been aggressively leafleted recently by the Royal Press Office? Christ on a bike.

I have no idea whether they are lazy or not but the rest of your post is either downright wrong or impossible to prove.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
About time the lazy spoilt turd did something usefull.

The 2011 Annual Review shows that between them The Prince and The Duchess undertook 751 joint and solo official engagements in the UK and abroad last year, hosted almost 9,200 people at events at royal residences and travelled over 34,000 miles at home and abroad in the course of their work on behalf of the country.

Tsk. Lazy.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham

'Cept that leech Air miles Andy....trips in private planes to play golf under the disguise of 'Trade mission'....as for saying there is no escaping from it....ever heard of early retirement...if he wants it why not take it....what they going to do about it....lock him in the tower...

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I dont get knocking the Royal Family, the amount of money they bring into this country is unreal, the work they do is unreal.

I wonder how we would be in the economy without the royal family and the money they bring it through tourism.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't really get bothered about the main characters one way or the other. It's the minor ones who bore me. Edward, Andrew, and even worse, the Princess Michael Of Kent types who are approximately 200th in line to the throne yet think somehow this entitles them to some kind of special treatment.

Got plenty of time for Her Maj, though, as you may have guessed :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I like Charles a lot as he is in a very awkward position as when he does become King most will want Willy to do it straight away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here