Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 37th Ryder Cup Official Thread 2008.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Will they carry on playing?

Yes, and the way it's going it will probably end up 16-12 or 15.5-12.5, something like that.

Although they are unlikely to show the rest of them finish:lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Taking it on the chin Faldo and fair play to him.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Taking it on the chin Faldo and fair play to him.

Generous! I've heard about three interviews and he's talking utter gibberish. If as it looks like we lose 16 1/2 to 11 1/2, give it a day or two and the knocking pieces will be out there. Less team spirit (the Yanks had more this time). Pairings. Order in the singles. Ability to raise morale. And it won't help him that Azinger got everything right.

Faldo was a truly great player, but I honestly believe and have said for two years he wouldn't be a good captain. And remember, this Europe team were odds-on to win at the start.

Don't get me wrong, the Septics played really well and deserved to win. But I wonder if Faldo's performance might count against Monty getting the gig in the future, because I'd put him in the same bracket. Superb player, love to have him in the Ryder Cup team - but not the right personality for captain.

Best quote from McDowell just now: "The whole thing has been the most fun I've had on a golf course - with my clothes on, anyway."

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Playing Westwood, Harrington and Poulter so far down the field when we were already chasing by 2 points was a poor decision. Garcia was PISS poor, can't blame Faldo for that cos he'd have been up amongst the starters for me as well. But as for the other three big guns - we needed blue up ther early to get the pressure on, so playing them so late was a nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here