Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That's it i'm off to Gerrmany

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I have finally had enough of the incompetance and mismanagement in this country I'm off to Germany where they do everything 90% better than we do.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I have finally had enough of the incompetance and mismanagement in this country I'm off to Germany where they do everything 90% better than we do.

lived and worked there for a while, very similar race to us Brits, things do work a bit better............

you''ll be back with your tail between your legs within 6 months tops..................................... as the eurozone collapses and you realise you can't live without a weekly dose of flair at the Amex

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
kind of get the feeling [MENTION=63]Goring Gull[/MENTION] wants to live in a country where he'll be accepted rather than laughed at

socks-sandals.jpg

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I'd like to live in Germany too- great people, good beer, cheap football and public transport runs on time. The Germans have a lot to be happy about that is for sure.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Been living over here for about 9 years now, mainly around Frankfurt.. Gotta say that I can't complain.. The Germans are pretty similar to us.. The language is a sod to learn and I have had a few walks of shame back from watching England lose somewhere, but still have no plans to come back to England to live in the near future..

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Lived in Frankfurt a couple of years, before we were transferred here...pretty dull at the weekends as its a banking city and most feck off to their homelands, and apple wine is an acquired taste as far as im concerned haha.....Cologne though is a great night out...never spoke anything but English..as I do here....
Was in Frankfurt when the WC was held in Germany.... seeing British police patrolling the center of the city was a bit wierd.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Well why not, that's the point of the EU, we can go and live and work there freely just as European's can come here. Enjoy

Not forgetting that little thing called language....... I was there last week, its tough to make yourself understood, even so the place is great.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Been living over here for about 9 years now, mainly around Frankfurt.. Gotta say that I can't complain.. The Germans are pretty similar to us.. The language is a sod to learn and I have had a few walks of shame back from watching England lose somewhere, but still have no plans to come back to England to live in the near future..

Weird, I found German to be the easiest by far of any language I've studied.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
For reasons I can't reallty fathom i've managed to bag myself a German girlfriend, who as well as being incredibly attractive, loves football has a cracking sense of humour and seems to have sex as one of her number one hobbies! I’m beginning to see the attraction with all things German at the moment. Plus I fricken love sauerkraut.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I was there in the army in the early 60s, permanently pissed as an 18 year old squaddie. The language is quite easy to pick up, after a short while of living there as in many respects it is similar to ours, I spoke it quite well but all forgotten now as I haven't used it for over 45 year but went there a few years back and certain things came back to me.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Irony= spelling "incompetence" wrong.

(And "Gerrmany")

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
I was there in the army in the early 60s, permanently pissed as an 18 year old squaddie. The language is quite easy to pick up, after a short while of living there as in many respects it is similar to ours, I spoke it quite well but all forgotten now as I haven't used it for over 45 year but went there a few years back and certain things came back to me.

pretty much this except it was the 70s

mxs_harrow

Jan 20, 2009
HA5
Taxation in Germany as a single person - as opposed to a working couple, is higher than in the UK.

The benefits derived from the higher deductions are more tangible, however.

Know a few people who have left Frankfurt after a few months as not clearing enough money. Tax regime in Switzerland much better, if you have a choice of German-speaking nations to work in.

Frankfurt also much more expensive to fly out of, compared to Zurich, Basel, Geneva.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here