Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That Adebayor song

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Shit joke/song. Not even imaginative.

I see Dougal is out in force. I find egdy humour (mostly) amusing. I don't find rubbish chants, designed to 'offend' amusing, I think that says mroe about our sense of humour as opposed to the quality of the 'joke'.

SW17

Jan 2, 2007
South London
I think it's funny. Who exactly WASHES elephants? Why are our fans so sensitive? A little bit racist maybe but who cares? Spurs fans are hilarious. Sol Campbell and Lee Hughes song is fantastic.

Tummy Burger

Aug 1, 2003
Haywards Heath
Clearly so many seem to think this is racist.

So if this is the case.

Does anyone remember the lilt advert on telly a few years back, where the caribbean fella says " Lobsters on south beach". Referring to the white folk getting burnt on the beach.

This then must be highly racist, yet was played on our Tv's constantly for a good couple of years and no one batted an eyelid.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Shit joke/song. Not even imaginative.

its very imaginative especially the elephant washing bit. it makes me giggle when i think about it.

everyone on here thought the eating dog song was funny its just if its people from africa or of sub saharan african descent everyone SHITS themself. if it was about a greek bloke riding a donkey an arab and camels or an indian and erm elephants it would be treated with far less sensitivity, or at least in the correct order of sensitivity as dictated by the current silly white British racial pecking order.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Must be really affecting the fella......he's got about 10 goals in his last 6 games against them.

If I were him I'd be handing out song sheets!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think calling someones mother a whore is offensive.

Maybe away fans should start sing the 'Belsen' song again to the Spurs lot.
Horrible bunch they are.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Adebayor claims its racist, Spurs and the police say its not.

What does NSC think?

This may surprise some of the 'search the internet / world for something to get offended by' brigade on here who have me down as some kind of neo Nazi, but I think I'm with Adebayor on this one.

Thoughts?

Ca't be arsed to read the rest of the thread. It's BOUND to be binning. I agree with you though. I don't think it's vitriolic, and is probably meant in a jokey way, but, if your from Africa and you've got a load of Londoners singing 'your Dad washes elephants' at you, you're going to get offended. And why shouldn't he? Maybe his dad works in a circus though?

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
its very imaginative especially the elephant washing bit. it makes me giggle when i think about it.

everyone on here thought the eating dog song was funny its just if its people from africa or of sub saharan african descent everyone SHITS themself. if it was about a greek bloke riding a donkey an arab and camels or an indian and erm elephants it would be treated with far less sensitivity, or at least in the correct order of sensitivity as dictated by the current silly white British racial pecking order.

ahh bollocks, I scrolled up. Just to play devil's advocate a bit; In Korea people do eat dog. It's a national trait. It's what they do. Do Africans (that's the continent) wash their Elephants after a big sunday lunc and then fall asleep with the sunday supplements?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Everyone on here? The Spanglish - The Voice of the People.

Calm down... It was a joke.

The Ji Sun Park song was not designed to be offensive other than to Scousers. The Adebayor song was designed to be offensive.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Everyone on here? The Spanglish - The Voice of the People.

Calm down... It was a joke.

The Ji Sun Park song was not designed to be offensive other than to Scousers. The Adebayor song was designed to be offensive.

nonsense you should have all died at hillsborough was designed to be 'offensive'. these others are designed to be funny just the elephant washing one is and the dog eating one is just shit and tedious. any minor offence caused to the thinner skinned or paranoid is the built in pay off.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
ahh bollocks, I scrolled up. Just to play devil's advocate a bit; In Korea people do eat dog. It's a national trait. It's what they do. Do Africans (that's the continent) wash their Elephants after a big sunday lunc and then fall asleep with the sunday supplements?

some koreans eat dog i am sure some africans wash elephants. if johnny morris was alive and inexplicably a premier league footballer you could sing the elephant washing song at him too.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
some koreans eat dog i am sure some africans wash elephants. if johnny morris was alive and inexplicably a premier league footballer you could sing the elephant washing song at him too.

now that would be good. Wouldn't call his mum a whore though. That's not nice.

Plenty of Koreans eat dog.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
You really need to see it done with the actions to make it worth talking about. It's not racist at all though. Offensive yes but so are most songs about other teams fans/players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here