Sep 23, 2011
-------------------- Stockdale ------------------
Bruno --- Goldson --- Dunk --- Ridgewell
-------- Sidwell/Stephens --- Kayal ---------
Knockaert-------Skalak-------KLL
-------------------Zamora------------------

Assuming Stephens is knackered otherwise in for Sidwell

Bench: Maenpää, Greer, Crofts, Stephens/Sidwell , Murphy, Hemed, Wilson

I would LOVE it if we started with this but I think it's more likely it would be Wilson for Skalak.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Is Jiri Skalak cleared to play

He won't be selected to start, even if we recieve international clearance. It is the close season in the Czech League, and he hasn't played any competitive football for sometime.

In any case, lets give him a week or two to learn his new team mates names, before we throw him into the hurly burly that is the Championship.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am not expecting him to start and think it would be wrong but was thinking of strength on the bench with an option if needed to bring him on with 10 mins to go.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
He won't be selected to start, even if we recieve international clearance. It is the close season in the Czech League, and he hasn't played any competitive football for sometime.

In any case, lets give him a week or two to learn his new team mates names, before we throw him into the hurly burly that is the Championship.

So what you are saying is that when the second part of the Czech season, non of their players are going to be fit, and all will take a couple of weeks to get back into their stride.
And although he may not have learnt their names, he can see their squad numbers, "Oi no 8 over here" etc. Not a valid reason to leave him out. Others have gone straight in.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I hope (and think) it will be;

Stockdale
Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Ridgewell
Knockeart
Kayal
Sidwell
Lua Lua
Wilson
Zamora

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/959417/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Brentford-Brighton

Hemed and Wilson started the away game. Hemed had three shots. We did not have very much possession. 0-0.

Three routine saves from Hemed shots on target, Murphy out in a better attempt but missed the target.

I heard the game on the radio. We seemed outplayed in midfield. A case for three midfielders and Lualua to start?

Just seen the highlights, Swift on the right wing could control the long ball in an instant and put in some good deep crosses. Stockdale saves were from better attempts by them than us, bit still ones that he would have been expected to save.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
So is Baldock still out injured/not match fit, or do the overwhelming majority on this thread just think he isn't even good enough for the bench with what we have now?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
So is Baldock still out injured/not match fit, or do the overwhelming majority on this thread just think he isn't even good enough for the bench with what we have now?

If Jiri looks up to it, might be difficult for Balders to force his way back in the squad, but with our luck, he'll get an opportunity through injury pretty soon

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion Night consensus said that Bobby Zamora should start. Good for an hour, it seems.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Goldson Ridgewell
Knockaert Sidwell Kayal Murphy
Zamora Wilson​

Subs
Maenpaa, Greer, Calderon, Stephens, LuaLua, Skalak, Hemed

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Watching Sidwell's interview it does seem he has a less defeatist attitude about getting automatic promotion than some of the fanbase.

He has to start. Which must be either instead of Stephens or Lua Lua, or one of the strikers.
Given Stephens had a minor dead leg injury in the last match, I now think :

Stockdale

Bruno
Goldson
Dunk
Ridgewell

Knockaert
Sidwell
Kayal
Lua Lua

Zamora
Hemed