Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Southampton

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Bednarek and Armstrong out for the scummers which has to be good news considering we are not great at defending corners!

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
The difference with Connolly is Potter knows he desperately needs another attacking option in the lead up to Christmas, and getting Connolly some game time with U23s would have been a better option than bench warming at Southampton.

Maybe but not according to Potter. He also agreed that it wasn't ideal. As for another attacking option then he has Welbeck likely to be in contention in the next few weeks.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Maybe but not according to Potter. He also agreed that it wasn't ideal. As for another attacking option then he has Welbeck likely to be in contention in the next few weeks.
I'd be very surprised if we saw Welbeck in competitive action before Christmas. Not with a dodgy hamstring and cold weather.
Look at the care he has taken with Lamptey to nurse him back.
A subs appearance in the FA Cup in January maybe?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I'd be very surprised if we saw Welbeck in competitive action before Christmas. Not with a dodgy hamstring and cold weather.
Look at the care he has taken with Lamptey to nurse him back.
A subs appearance in the FA Cup in January maybe?

Lamptey was out for nearly a year and had an operation so he's being understandably cautious. This is a fairly routine hamstring injury for Welbeck. He's already in training.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully Tolaj on the bench, he’s on fire today for the U23 team.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Lamptey was out for nearly a year and had an operation so he's being understandably cautious. This is a fairly routine hamstring injury for Welbeck. He's already in training.

Surprised you say that about Welbeck. I thought the club said that they'd identified the long-term issue with his hamstring/s, had operated on it, and corrected it. Have I contrived to dream this up?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Surprised you say that about Welbeck. I thought the club said that they'd identified the long-term issue with his hamstring/s, had operated on it, and corrected it. Have I contrived to dream this up?

That’s what I heard……does seem his recovery has so far gone a bit better than expected though. A fit Welbeck for the second half of the season would be immense.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Sorry - but agreed. Yes he had the op. And it sounds like he's back training ahead of schedule (although by himself only at the moment i think).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here