Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Newcastle 19/10/24

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Grrr. Isak potentially involved tomorrow -- this from Smug's presser:

Alexander [Isak] has trained and trained well. He trained from the start of this week and has looked good. So, at this moment in time he would be in contention [to face Brighton.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Both of their first choice CBs are still out though. Burn is a decent defender but we deffo can get at him, Rutter is the exact type of player that Burn could struggle against when he was with us.
Trippier is also a doubt, I rate Livramento but he's not as influential as Trippier.
Let's see just how match fit Isak actually is, I can't believe that he will be 90 minutes fit.

For me it is absolutely crucial that Baleba is fully fit for us, and if he plays that we see the Spurs 2nd half version of Jack H and not the 1st half version.
Biggest concern is that Pervis won't be ready.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Both of their first choice CBs are still out though. Burn is a decent defender but we deffo can get at him, Rutter is the exact type of player that Burn could struggle against when he was with us.
Trippier is also a doubt, I rate Livramento but he's not as influential as Trippier.
Let's see just how match fit Isak actually is, I can't believe that he will be 90 minutes fit.

For me it is absolutely crucial that Baleba is fully fit for us, and if he plays that we see the Spurs 2nd half version of Jack H and not the 1st half version.
Biggest concern is that Pervis won't be ready.
Yes, agree about how much/well Isak can play. I'm positive about Baleba. I suspect Pervis will play some of the game but what he doesn't play is an opportunity for Ferdi to shine or even for Jack to be moved there. We've got plenty of options now, probably more than Newcastle.

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Grrr. Isak potentially involved tomorrow -- this from Smug's presser:

Alexander [Isak] has trained and trained well. He trained from the start of this week and has looked good. So, at this moment in time he would be in contention [to face Brighton.
Kept him quiet in May though didn’t we?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Surprising number of people discounting Wieffer. Hinshelwood will be a top player but away at Newcastle (and for most games in fairness) I think our first choice midfield two should be Baleba and Wieffer. That combination has literally every asset you could want in midfield.

Hinsh can then be brought in and rotate as required, with time in midfield and at right back.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Wondering if we’ll see Rutter’s debut, or if he’ll stick with Georginio.

Yes, I know this “joke” is old and wasn’t even funny to begin with, but I like it so there.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Given we don't have any confirmation Pervis or Enciso are out, but we know they both played a decent amount for the countries. I think we have to presume they will be available.

The fact that we have a midweek off coming up means that I don't see any need to be resting anyone who has had a long journey, but given the depth and quality of our squad, 60 min subs seems wise to keep as many out of the red zone as we can

I think we should be playing our best available 11. In my mind this is .....

----------Verbruggen
Veltman Van Hecke Dunk Estupinan
------Hinshelwood Baleba
----Minteh Georginio Mitoma
-----------Welbeck

I would imagine it's wise to see early subs along the lines of

Ferdi for Estupinan
Adingra for Mitoma
Ayari for Baleba

Then later possibly Van Hecke and Minteh being protected

Disagree with the comments above that Wieffer is above Hinsh in the pecking order. On displays so far this season, Hinsh is well ahead for me. Ayari next up based on what he's shown

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Verbruggen
Kadioglu Van Hecke Dunk Estupinan
Hinshelwood Baleba
Minteh Rutter Adingra
Welbeck

If this 11 is fit, I would start this 11, no questions at all. Wieffer for Baleba if required, Veltman for Estupinan and swap with Kadioglu, Mitoma for Adingra if required and Enciso for Rutter in that one. Overall - I picked this 11 and immediately felt horny for football.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Verbruggen
Kadioglu Van Hecke Dunk Estupinan
Hinshelwood Baleba
Minteh Rutter Adingra
Welbeck

If this 11 is fit, I would start this 11, no questions at all. Wieffer for Baleba if required, Veltman for Estupinan and swap with Kadioglu, Mitoma for Adingra if required and Enciso for Rutter in that one. Overall - I picked this 11 and immediately felt horny for football.
Mitoma is in great form but due to him playing for Japan and the long flights, I think he may be better coming off the bench for this game.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Surprising number of people discounting Wieffer. Hinshelwood will be a top player but away at Newcastle (and for most games in fairness) I think our first choice midfield two should be Baleba and Wieffer. That combination has literally every asset you could want in midfield.

Hinsh can then be brought in and rotate as required, with time in midfield and at right back.
The last away game was Chelsea and I thought Weiffer had a Weston super. He wasn't alone and I do think he will come good but I'd bed him in the easier home games to come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here