Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Before the break I was struggling to look beyond Burn's failings.
The little stuff that don't amount to much, but nevertheless what the snidey wing of our supporters would mark as 'Burn - 2', in the player ratings thread.

Sadly the break hasn't changed anything.

#TeamBernieInn from now on.

Connolly’s today’s main punchbag, hopefully giving Dan an internet breather. :lolol:

Genuinely, I can‘t slate one Albion player today. All quite comatose until that first drinks break, but then a nice team performance. Potter must be proud.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Connolly’s today’s main punchbag, hopefully giving Dan an internet breather. :lolol:

Genuinely, I can‘t slate one Albion player today. All quite comatose until that first drinks break, but then a nice team performance. Potter must be proud.

Yeah I'm a little uppity about the performance against a frighteningly bad side, but they got the points so wipe your face and move on.

As usual I have no idea what possesses any Albion fan to instantly single out players the moment the whistle has blown and 3 points have been collected.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yeah I'm a little uppity about the performance against a frighteningly bad side, but they got the points so wipe your face and move on.

As usual I have no idea what possesses any Albion fan to instantly single out players the moment the whistle has blown and 3 points have been collected.

I kind of agree, but it is about debate as well. I mean given your comments it’s fair to say they weren’t all 8 and 9’s out of 10.

Personally, I thought a few were off the pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I’m so laid back, elated, job done happy after that win. We will be PL next season with games to spare, TB’s investment secure, no fire sale of top players this summer.

I can moan with the best of them, but not after today’s seminal result.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I kind of agree, but it is about debate as well. I mean given your comments it’s fair to say they weren’t all 8 and 9’s out of 10.

Personally, I thought a few were off the pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely, were it not for the post I'd be pitchforks aplenty right now.

But the team had a bottom line of acceptability today and they excelled that by +2.

Which I believe the naysayers instantly lose sight of in favour of the pitchfork.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
An awful lot of this across the socials, from embittered Chelsea fans:-

[tweet]1279422299544969217[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Dan Ashworth pulled a blinder getting this lad for the price he did

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Looking like he’s going to be a fantastic player for us, so much pace, a superb touch and great anticipation. Chelsea will be kicking themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Incredible so far. Great player.

There was a couple of moments for me where I thought, hang on....Brighton aren't supposed to do that....

One was when he totally mugged off Cantwell with the 360. And the other when he gassed it up the flank in the late 80-something-minute when, usually, we've blown out our gasket and are hanging on for dear life. So positive and energetic.

Enjoy it while it lasts as I suspect he'll be elsewhere sooner rather than later (at a premium, obviously).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Incredible so far. Great player.

There was a couple of moments for me where I thought, hang on....Brighton aren't supposed to do that....

One was when he totally mugged off Cantwell with the 360. And the other when he gassed it up the flank in the late 80-something-minute when, usually, we've blown out our gasket and are hanging on for dear life. So positive and energetic.

Enjoy it while it lasts as I suspect he'll be elsewhere sooner rather than later (at a premium, obviously).

Quite possibly back to Chelsea

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Dan Ashworth pulled a blinder getting this lad for the price he did

He needs to find us the next Glenn Murray. He's out there somewhere. And, while he's at it, get some of the other young (frustrated @ the top 4 or 6) to come on down to the Amex on similar Tariq terms.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He needs to find us the next Glenn Murray. He's out there somewhere. And, while he's at it, get some of the other young (frustrated @ the top 4 or 6) to come on down to the Amex on similar Tariq terms.

Is that not Maupay to a degree ? Maupay is only 2 goals off Murray best ever PL season for us

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Is that not Maupay to a degree ? Maupay is only 2 goals off Murray best ever PL season for us

Thinking more of a big man with great feet, good in the air and a real eye for goal (also brilliant at winning free kicks & pens). Maupay is doing great, but he doesn’t have Muzza’s all round attributes. But as stated on another thread Muzza at 26 years of age is a younger Raul Jiminez and that’s a £50m+ player.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One was when he totally mugged off Cantwell with the 360.

I have an irrational dislike for Cantwell so this was an enormously pleasing moment. I think it's his wafty hair and propensity for diving that grinds my gears. He's like a poor man's Grealish. Was delighted to see him sat on the pitch for ten minutes at the end today, looking sad. Great man-management from Farke: letting three of his players sulk outside after a crushingly disappointing defeat, rather than getting them all together and trying to build some confidence.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here