Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tame Impala - Lonerism

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Currently listening to this and it really is a grower. Still unsure about the overall production but 'Keep on Lying' is a masterpiece and is probably my favourite track if 2012 and there have been some good uns. Recommend a listen.

TNBA

TTF

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Bought both tame Impala albums the other day. Haven't heard Lonerism yet but the album from two years ago I've played today and its f***ing immense. Like Blur doing sgt pepper. Can't wait to hear Lonerism.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Been listening to this a lot too. Fantastic album I particularly like 'gotta be above it'. I agree with the production, it sounds a little over produced to me in the same way as ok computer. I was hoping to catch their live show in Melbourne but it sld out and the extra date fall on the day of my school concert (so I'll be watching kids sing songs from Annie instead of going to Tame Impala), still should have got my shit together eh?.

Fantastic Album though really interesting arrangements and I especially like the drum tracks which are all over the shop but somehow work!

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Been listening to it for a little while now and love it. Off to see them in London, Brixton Academy in a week or so, should be awesome. It was actually Mink Mussel Creek and Pond that got me into Tame Impala. Beards, Wives, Denim is a masterpiece of an album!

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
over rated IMHO, always surprises me which Aussie (and especially) WA bands break overseas - understand they are very popular over there....

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
over rated IMHO, always surprises me which Aussie (and especially) WA bands break overseas - understand they are very popular over there....

Sounds like there is something quite exciting happening over there. Anything else we should be looking out for?

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Sounds like there is something quite exciting happening over there. Anything else we should be looking out for?

The Novocaines - love 'em, bluesy rock I guess, their singer thinks he's Jim Morison and their guitarist thinks he's Angus Young, they are brothers and the whole band comes from Northam. Best witnessed live, watch out for support dates, great warm up band. If you like Tame Impala you'll like Sonpsilo Circus too.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Anyone go to see Tame Impala last night? I thought it was a decent enough gig from them, they seemed very humbled by the sold out show. Though I thought the sound engineer was having a bit of a nightmare!

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
Anyone go to see Tame Impala last night? I thought it was a decent enough gig from them, they seemed very humbled by the sold out show. Though I thought the sound engineer was having a bit of a nightmare!

Yep, I was there. Loads of fun and you're right they seemed amazed that we'd all showed up!

I've only recently discovered them but have been obsessed with Innerspeaker and Lonerism ever since. Never been to the Brixton academy before but I thought it was a decent enough venue.

Overall a very enjoyable night.

Grunty

Jan 16, 2004
Worthing
Dave Fridmann- my favrit producer=
Check out Albums he did by: LOW, Delgados, Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev, MGMT....
He lends his stamp to them all....

rcf0712

Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia

as I said, can't believe how popular they are over there, clearly nor can they!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here