Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sporting pinacles

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can drink a pint in 4 seconds, although it actually took 5.5 to down a pint of :drink: two weeks ago.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I played Ice Hockey for the United Kingdom against Germany, though don't start getting excited in the belief that I am some sort of superstar, we were all ex-pats living in Canada.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
National Cub Scout Quiz Champions Team Captain, 1997. Well, if chess counts...

I won a BMX display event once, and I've managed to get a 180 in darts when drunk, but never when sober.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I got a hole-in-one the first time I played at Singing Hills golf club. A complete fluke - but it was over some water, so not a pee-shooter along the ground. 2 witnesses to that, but we were the last ones on the course that afternoon, so didn't have to buy a
round in the clubhouse.

Can't imagine I'll match that again - I'd only been playing a couple of years at the time.

I got a hole-in-one once, I was looking for the ball for ages before finall finding it in the hole.

Scored a hat-trick in a pub 'grudge match' once (one goal was a 'volley' from the edge of the area). They had all the 'star players' but we played them off the (Preston) park.
They might have been better on the ball, but.... they just didn't get the ball.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Err won Managers player of the season for Junior seagulls...not because i was any good but because i tried :lolol:

Won 'player of the week' at a Sussex CCC cricket school's training week.

Bowled 65 miles an hour at Alan Wells and got him out when 14.

I'm rather embarassingly poor at most sports though...

Oh,i beat an 8 year old kid at pool, on holiday in devon one year. He had "beaten john higgins" at snooker only weeks before!

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Table tennis Division three runner-up, I've bowled a hat-trick a couple of seasons ago. I've got the cricket ball on top of my television with my lucky twig.
When I was about 10, I bowled out RMJ down at George Street.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here