Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spain v Scotland *** Official Match Thread ***

Flair

Flairniac
Sep 1, 2010
"Mackail-Smith loses out to Puyol and Pique", not something you hear everyday.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't help thinking England would look every bit as out of their depth against Spain, but then again this Spain squad is possibly the best squad the world has ever seen.

Possibly true, we can hardly boast that England are great but at the moment it's like watching a 3rd round FA Cup game between a Premier League team and a star struck non league side. All Scotland have is running and pluck.

And now the Czechs are winning too :facepalm:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I can't help thinking England would look every bit as out of their depth against Spain, but then again this Spain squad is possibly the best squad the world has ever seen.

I was thinking the same. We are nowhere near the Spanish in every respect

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

I was thinking about the same. England would be out of their depth, but the Spanish are not the best time I have seen. Both their full backs still look vulnerable and the Spanish are almost playing 3-5-3. But the Scots have got to get the ball first. The Spanish long ball cross field passing to man is tremendous. Not much running with the ball.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
England are playing Spain in a friendly soon, it will be the same.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Have Scotland got a winger on the bench?

Feb 14, 2010
For those that are still calling for a "target man", or want to play "more direct" then hope you are watching as this game gives you a clue as to what Poyet is trying to achieve at Brighton.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Getting very angry when anything does anything wrong, but has been pretty terrible.

I don't like Bannon. Forrest? Just don't let a goal in just before half-time. Oh dear !!!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I think Scotland are playing quite well. Adam and Bannan look pretty capable in the middle and Morrison looks to have something about him. They need to get Fletcher into the game a bit more. CMS has done everything he could, playing against this type of opposition will do him the world of good. If Scotland played like this against us then they would win. Fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here