Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Some good news maybe

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Joel Lynch is expected to be named in the England under-19 squad on Wednesday morning. The 18-year-old defender, who made his Albion debut at Southampton on January 2 and has played five times for the first team, is part of an 18-man squad for the international friendly against Slovakia at Northampton Town on February 28.
Speaking ahead of the squad announcement, England under-19 coach Martin Hunter told the FA's website: 'The match against Slovakia will be a fantastic opportunity for football fans in the Northampton area to see many of the most talented young players in the country in action. Slovakia will provide strong opposition.'
Advance tickets, at £3 for adults and £1 for concessions, are available from the Sixfields box office on 0870 8221966. The price rises to £5 for adults who pay on the day of the match, but special discounts are available to groups of 15 or more who book in advance. Disabled people will pay £1 with one helper admitted free.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
He made ONE mistake on Saturday, the older players around him didnt seem to give him a lot of encouragement when his head went down, but fair play to him he bounced back, and his shouting and organising (particularly at throw ins) is way beyond his years, I think he has all the makings of a very good player.

Well done:clap:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i thought he was poor sat.

cant cross, cant pass, shots woeful & at fault for second goal.

Also there where time when he should of got forward to that massive space on the wing but stayed on his own in no mans land.

somehow others see him as a great player. me not impressed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Really pleased for him...

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
brunswick said:

Also there where time when he should of got forward to that massive space on the wing but stayed on his own in no mans land.

As mention elswere before his error for the second goal on Saturday was one of a few that lead up to the goal. Blaming him on his own is not fair.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
brunswick said:

Taking aside the fact that he is young, his prefered position is centre back and there are going to be areas of the left back role he will struggle with, as most of his development has been at centre back. He looks a good defender, one tackle in the second half showed that.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
brunswick said:

Perhaps you know f*** all about football;) ;) ;)

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He's 18, give him a chance.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
brunswick said:

Fer christs sake he's 18, and has played a handful of games in a struggling team and your expecting him to play like Paulo f***ing Maldini.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Obviously good news if this match doesn't clash with an Albion match, if it does then it's terrible news as that will leave us another player short, hopefully it doesn't clash though.

Last edited:

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No clash. First team play Crewe on Saturday 25th, and then we play Playmouth on the 4th March. Not sure when the next round of the youth cup will be (after we beat Blackburn on Weds :clap2: ).

Last edited:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Pleased for the lad obviously but actually it could be dreadful news for us. He could have his head turned by all the premiership players he'll meet and then in the summer he'll be off like Harding.

Hopefully he's too sensible and hopefully he's already under contract ......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here