Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Smug Eddie

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Bournemouth went down but he is an excellent young English manager who plays attractive, attacking football. I doubt he’ll be out of work for long. If I was Steve Parrish I’d be picking up the phone.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bournemouth went down but he is an excellent young English manager who plays attractive, attacking football. I doubt he’ll be out of work for long. If I was Steve Parrish I’d be picking up the phone.

If I was Smug I'd be throwing my phone in the sea and buying a burner.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I really don't like Bournemouth, so I thought I'd enjoy their fans' comments.

But I actually feel rather sorry for them now.

"I was feeling optimistic about next season, not anymore."

"Fvcking hell, that’s the worst possible news"

"Absolutely gutted"

"Phucking disgusted"

"I am truly heartbroken."

"Wtf. In total shock. That's the end of our the glory years of our club back to league one next season and then financial ruin to follow"

"Well that's us back to league one then. Worst decision this club has made in a very long time"

"This is such a mistake. I've no idea what the thinking is behind it but whatever it is, it's ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous."

"I love you Eddie, it's a shame the board didn't have the vision to
make the club bigger and achieve training ground and buy back stadium.
I can't imagine going to games without you as manager and I feel physically ill.
I've fallen out of love with football."

"F*cking hell, gutted, devastated. Far worse than relegation."

"Feels like part of the club has died. Where the f*ck do we go from here"

"Will never be replaced. So disappointing."

And are these the same people who were dismissing us as "infrastructure FC".

But I do wonder, when it says "mutual consent", whether it is more his decision than theirs.

Banter aside, very good manager. A real warning to us that you can make progress to midtable but it will count for nothing if you have injuries and other squad disruption

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As much as he annoys me he did one hell of a job there.

That's unarguable. But that's also why this is such a delicious moment. Bye, bye Bournemouth, you oligarch-funded, petrochemically-charged irrelevance.
And give Eddie a new job (Palace :shrug:) outside of his comfort zone, and we'll see whether he's still got it.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
If they don't come back next year ,lge 2 within 4 years awaits .

They wont come back they're f***ed financially. Someone on here said they had something like 80 odd million still to be paid for previous transfers.

Fire sale and League 1

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I really don't like Bournemouth, so I thought I'd enjoy their fans' comments.

But I actually feel rather sorry for them now.

"I was feeling optimistic about next season, not anymore."

"Fvcking hell, that’s the worst possible news"

"Absolutely gutted"

"Phucking disgusted"

"I am truly heartbroken."

"Wtf. In total shock. That's the end of our the glory years of our club back to league one next season and then financial ruin to follow"

"Well that's us back to league one then. Worst decision this club has made in a very long time"

"This is such a mistake. I've no idea what the thinking is behind it but whatever it is, it's ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous."

"I love you Eddie, it's a shame the board didn't have the vision to
make the club bigger and achieve training ground and buy back stadium.
I can't imagine going to games without you as manager and I feel physically ill.
I've fallen out of love with football."

"F*cking hell, gutted, devastated. Far worse than relegation."

"Feels like part of the club has died. Where the f*ck do we go from here"

"Will never be replaced. So disappointing."

Thanks for that. Saturday night has just got better. Joke club.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
They wont come back they're f***ed financially. Someone on here said they had something like 80 odd million still to be paid for previous transfers.

Fire sale and League 1

They’ve already got half of that £80m from the proposed sale of Ake to Citeh and will get the rest from selling a few more such as Wilson, Brooks or King.

They’ll have enough quality players left to have a good Championship campaign, just depends on their next Manager. Do they go for discipline with someone like Big Nige Pearson or find a manager to give the players a hug and laugh like Harry Redknapp.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
They’ve already got half of that £80m from the proposed sale of Ake to Citeh and will get the rest from selling a few more such as Wilson, Brooks or King.

They’ll have enough quality players left to have a good Championship campaign, just depends on their next Manager. Do they go for discipline with someone like Big Nige Pearson or find a manager to give the players a hug and laugh like Harry Redknapp.

Disagree with that. They don't have that many good players. Once they are sold off they could quite easily suffer another relegation.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I’m not sure that he’d take the Palace job. Squad is too old and with its ‘star’ player wanting out. Eddie’s style is energetic, mobile, attacking and that is the polar opposite of what they are.

afcb

Dec 14, 2007
Gutted he's left and an incredible journey but the guy was the architect of his own demise, he just went wibble in the last 18 months....

Incidentally the owner released a statement a few days ago about getting the club back to the PL, can't see it now. Despite a crap season everything behind the scenes seemed finely tuned and we thought EH was best placed to do that..clearly he didn't want it or the owner has someone else lined up.

See you guys again at some point, at least smug Eddie won't be there to torment you again unless of course he signs for the club he turned down all those years ago...you know who I mean of course.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Out of work manager, knows the league, history with muff and still lives local to them....step forward, Tony Pulis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here