Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky / Virgin ... what do you pay

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
I tried to get sky installed 2 months ago and the sky Customer services/order line were having a mare.....they kept promising call backs but nothing came...

I read a few forums and it was recommended to complain..

So complain I did I was given the email address of the CEO I emailed them with my complaints and the next day the executive centre called full of apologies.

I told them I was not happy to pay ant instillation cost (as it was free with Virgin).

They agreed no instillation..

I then asked for any special offers as compensation I got the following

HD,
Sky +
Sky Sports (all channels)
and 4 entertainment packages
Phone and Broadband

all for £22 per month for 6 months
then £45 for the next 12.....

The lady who I dealt with called every other day to check everything was ok, she then said call the retentions dept after 12 months for another deal.

I have since dumped the phone line and Broadband as the speed is crap
( 0.5 not 20 )mbps and it keeps disconnecting.

All the bullshit about needing a BT phone line is not true, currently have no phone line waiting for Virgin BB to be installed.

The email of the CEO is jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

The object is dont stay more than the 12 month contract without asking the retentions department for a new deal. they will never let u go, they need all the customers they can get.

Drop Jeremy an email....its free ( report back how you get on)

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
I have Sky HD with sports package £54 never bothered with movies as I'd rather rent dvd/Blurays and games from Lovefilm £15.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Just trying to gauge the average really as think mine is a bit expensive and I may try and get it down

I have all the sports / movies / HD box / phone / boradband and another box in the bedroom and it costs me £70 a month

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

I'm on VM, and have;

- Line rental / phone (free weekend calls)
- Broadband (medium fibre optic)
- TV Medium + all sports

Pay around £55.

So you're getting movies, HD, and a second box for just £15 more. Now I feel ripped off! :lolol:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
I have freeview HD so the TV is free minus £99 for the box. Internet & phone is BT, works out at about £35 a month I think. Internet is very fast (then again I am in London) and phone is free at weekends. I genuinely think the sports stuff is all massively overpriced, especially as I'd feel I'd have to watch it pretty much all my spare time cos of the money I'd be paying for it.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Virgin tell me that SSN isn't on Virgin, only Sky. I want to use Virgin but also want SSN.
Why do they make all these packages so f*****g confusing!!!:tantrum:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Virgin tell me that SSN isn't on Virgin, only Sky. I want to use Virgin but also want SSN.
Why do they make all these packages so f*****g confusing!!!:tantrum:

SSN is on Virgin, but you need the sports package, I am sure ?

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
I have M+ TV on virgin media and have sky sports news. I think M+ is their basic TV package but I might be wrong

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
i have full sky hd package with movies and sports
unlimited broadband and unlimted calls with line rental

£53 per month:thumbsup:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Well last Saturday was my launch day for Sky HDplus in Lounge, additional set top box in bedroom, 2 meg unlimited bband and free eve and weekend calls, all entertainment and sky sports £65 pmonth, BBand is up and running but after 15 mins of thinking about it the engineer said he couldn't get line of site with the dish locale and would need to use a K and T bracket plus pole, I said ok, he said he doesn't carry them, so i had to re book another installation, round 2 tomorrow, bet the next engineer doesn't turn up with the brackets, I've been told these engineers get paid by the day so any job that requires a bit of graft is a real turn off to them, the first engineer even suggested I go private for the installation.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
I tried to get sky installed 2 months ago and the sky Customer services/order line were having a mare.....they kept promising call backs but nothing came...

I read a few forums and it was recommended to complain..

So complain I did I was given the email address of the CEO I emailed them with my complaints and the next day the executive centre called full of apologies.

I told them I was not happy to pay ant instillation cost (as it was free with Virgin).

They agreed no instillation..

I then asked for any special offers as compensation I got the following

HD,
Sky +
Sky Sports (all channels)
and 4 entertainment packages
Phone and Broadband

all for £22 per month for 6 months
then £45 for the next 12.....

The lady who I dealt with called every other day to check everything was ok, she then said call the retentions dept after 12 months for another deal.

I have since dumped the phone line and Broadband as the speed is crap
( 0.5 not 20 )mbps and it keeps disconnecting.

All the bullshit about needing a BT phone line is not true, currently have no phone line waiting for Virgin BB to be installed.

The email of the CEO is jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

The object is dont stay more than the 12 month contract without asking the retentions department for a new deal. they will never let u go, they need all the customers they can get.

Drop Jeremy an email....its free ( report back how you get on)

I'm gonna email him now as I have considered changing from Sky to VM, price is pretty much the same on like for like except after a year on sky you have to pay for all repairs, oh the BB speed is completely different also

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
f***ing hell, that's a lot of mullah.

I'd be interested in paying £3 for a footie match or £4 to watch a day play in a test match but I spend so little time watching the tv that it would be madness to justify paying all that for Sky or Virgin

D

Deleted User X18H

We pay about £75 a month for TV (including all sport except Racing UK) phone and whatever the high speed broad band is.

Had a very embarrassing moment yesterday with two Virgin technician's though.

Due to this dvd problem we have and the boy getting a strop when 'cars' freezes, the wife brought a new cheapey DVD player from Argos. But because our 'broken' DVD is connected through the V+ BOX into the TV it didn't work effectively.

When I reconnected everything the V+ box wouldn't work properly the channels wouldn't change and we couldn't any V+ features. So they came out yesterday.

Turns out I had re-connected a scart into the VCR slot instead of TV. Yes I did feel silly although they found it funny and were quite pleased it took them 30 seconds as it was their last call.

So beware

Last edited:

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
On Sky i have Basics plus movies and Sports 1 for £42 per month,I prunned the list as many of the channels i never used,this is worth doing, i even know some who have the HD package but dont have an HD set

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here