• Wedgie

Votes: 35 89.7%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Humiliation where the undepants are pulled sharply upwards from behind, causing them to go tightly up the victim's arse.

In my era, in Worthing, this was termed a shreddie.

The Brizzle boys call it a wedgie.

You decide.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Shreddie's are breakfast munch

shreddie1024.jpg

Crawley Boy

Oct 13, 2003
Crawley
And there was me thinking it was going to be a choice of whether I'd prefer a bowl of breakfast cereal (to eat) or my pants hoisted up my crack! :dunce:

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Wedgie, best one I witnessed was a The Offsprings gig at Wembley Arena (with AFI i might add) where these kids got their mate and somehow managed to pull his undies back over his head!...quite genius it was and got a huge applause from 1000 or so people just watching :D

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
CrabtreeBHA said:
Wedgie, best one I witnessed was a The Offsprings gig at Wembley Arena (with AFI i might add) where these kids got their mate and somehow managed to pull his undies back over his head!...quite genius it was and got a huge applause from 1000 or so people just watching :D

I saw that, :clap: though the gig was shite as are the Offspring now !!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
wedgie . . .I gave and recieved one after the rugby world cup final . . . .not sure how or why, but then I had stella for breakfaast elevenses and lunch by then :drink: :eek:

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
They were Shreddies when I was in the cubs and the poor victims ended up suspended by their pants from the coat hooks. Baden Powel has a lot to answer for.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
CrabtreeBHA said:

Atomic Wedgie: Trying to get the victims pants over their head.

Wedgies of the atomic variety tend to be a grey area, and are difficult to define. The childrens' cartoons of recent times tend to define "atomic wedgie" as a wedgie where the underpants are then pulled up to such an extend where the elastic band could then be put around the victim's head. This, of course, is pure bullshit, and cannot occur in the real world (unless, of course, the victim's underpants are made of that magical, NON-existing elastic). But this perhaps is the originator of the real-life atomic wedgie.

In attempt to achive a around-the-head-with-the-elastic-band state, one will pull the underpants of the victim to the point of ripping either the elastic band or the fabric of the underpants. Though some will argue that cartoons has nothing to do with this term, and that atomic wedgies have no intention of going around the head, but just to rip the underpants. Either way, I'm sure it sucks to get one of these. I like how I take the term "atomic wedgie" in an entirely serious manner.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Definitely now called a Wedgie but to be honest when i was kid (just after the invention of the wheel) it was not a common schoolboy prank. That may just be an Eastbourne backwater thing.

Along similar lines what name did you use to giving your mates a lift on your chopper bike? The press covered the recent relaunch of this 70's fave bike and its extended saddle and used some strange expression i'd never heard of. In our area it was called giving someone a "luggy".

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It was called a 'backie' and a fairly risky business - as it tended to leave your soft and danglies rather too close to the inconveniently placed, and rather hard, gear lever !!!

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
METALMICKY said:
Definitely now called a Wedgie but to be honest when i was kid (just after the invention of the wheel) it was not a common schoolboy prank. That may just be an Eastbourne backwater thing.

Along similar lines what name did you use to giving your mates a lift on your chopper bike? The press covered the recent relaunch of this 70's fave bike and its extended saddle and used some strange expression i'd never heard of. In our area it was called giving someone a "luggy".

Giving a passenger a lift on your bike, of any description, was a 'buggy'.

oldham gull

Jul 24, 2003
Oldham
having recently eaten a bowl of my kids shreddies due to there being nothing else in the cupboard, I would rather be the recipient of a wedgie any day!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Shreddies - the breakfast cereal - are fantastic - especially when accompanied by some Grape Nuts, demerara sugar and ice-cold, and not too much semi-skimmed milk.

Yum :)

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Titanic said:
It was called a 'backie' and a fairly risky business - as it tended to leave your soft and danglies rather too close to the inconveniently placed, and rather hard, gear lever !!!

Indeed, and no doubt the safety reason that meant the re-issue choppers don't have the gear shift in the same place

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
it was a backie . . . .the original chopper had a little laber on the seat which stated that this seat is designed for one person, although I seem to recall three was possible with the little rack on the back as well . . . .although the steering went a bit 'light' not that it was exactly heavy and precise to start with.

proper wedgies usually resulted in torn undercrackers, and over stretched elastic . . . .ie you had 2 halves of a pair left which looked more like a pair of old teatowels !!! :eek:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I quite enjoyed watching the "bungee wedgie" on Jackass The Movie, where the victim sat on the branch of a tree with his pants suspended to said branch, before leaping off and dropping 4 or 5ft before the pants took hold.

The skids and blood in the pants afterwards was a sight to behold. I have it on DVD.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here