dirtywkend.jpg

Last edited:

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
REDLAND said:
Ive got these TWO prints in on my bedroom wall

whaam.jpg

Lichtenstein did a painting of the South Downs that was entitled "Sussex". Saw it a few years ago in an exhibition, unfortunately it's in a private collection somewhere so it's not exhibited to the public very often.

This picture "Wham" is owned by the Tate if I remember correctly.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
050315_scream_vmed12p.widec.jpg

I went to the gallery in Oslo the week after it was nicked - the twaazocks has chained down the chair and benches but neglected to do anything about the priceless piece of art

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
172577194_12c17a6b2a.jpg

Warhol's Fright Wigs are my absolute favourites. He did them shortly before he suddenly died and they have a kind of ghostly feel to them almost as though he was fortelling his death.

I was lucky enough to see some in the Andy Warhol self-portraits exhibition that was on in Edinburgh a couple of years ago. They had two huge 12ft tall pieces, which were stunning.

bailey said:
172577194_12c17a6b2a.jpg

Warhol's Fright Wigs are my absolute favourites. He did them shortly before he suddenly died and they have a kind of ghostly feel to them almost as though he was fortelling his death.

I was lucky enough to see some in the Andy Warhol self-portraits exhibition that was on in Edinburgh a couple of years ago. They had two huge 12ft tall pieces, which were stunning.

About a year before his death, I bumped into Andy Warhol in Los Angeles at 'the' nightclub of the era - 'The Power Tool' (weird name I know)
When I say 'bumped' I mean 'crashed' into AW - me leaving and him walking in.
He took a step back and gazed in some silent shock at me (and me at him) and his strange eyes made him look strange and phenomenal, even at this momentary accident.
I have to think that that bloke would HAVE to do something different in his life, looking like that. He was a bit ....otherworldly.

Two paintings that hang in the Metropolitan Museum of Art (aka 'The Met') in NYC struck me - this one by Jean Léon Gérôme, for it's Shakespearean style, the story, the comedy, and the beauty of it.
It's very small, at around 24inches tall, but loaded!
Pygmalion;

Attachments

• pygmalion.jpg
    pygmalion.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 137

The second one is MASSIVE, and stands about 8 feet high. It is awesome in real life, and brought a tear to my eyes, it was that breathtaking. Loads of cracks and crazing in the paint, up close, but that seemed to only add to it's beauty. For some reason, it reminds me of a film 'Somewhere In Time' starring Christopher Reeve (rip). Very romantic, and not in a chick-flick way either.
Anyway, Pierre Auguste Cot 'The Storm';

Attachments

• the storm.jpg
    the storm.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 132

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
12667.jpg

By John Miller. I have a couple of prints of his work on my landing, my aunt is lucky enough to have few originals.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A picture of his wife, by Egon Schiele. I like most of his stuff, some of which is probably best termed "erotic art", yet there is a candid and innocent feel to most of his work. He died at the tender age of 28 in 1918, from a flu epidemic that swept Europe, two days after his wife who was expecting their child.

1500-14539~The-Artist-s-Wife-Posters.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
a picture of this would be my kind of Art to hang on my wall:

DBR9-1.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here