Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we have paid off Turienzo?

Should Turienzo have been released?

• No. Not given a proper chance.

Votes: 57 66.3%
  • Yes. He had his chance and didn't take it.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Splinters in arse.

Votes: 3 3.5%

• Total voters

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think not.

He was carrying an injury most of the time and if I remember he did net a few for the reserves. Being fully fit he should at least been given a chance this season. Why spend, *apparently* a huge amount of money on a player and then let him go without so much as a chance?

I miss El Tel. :(

McGhee out.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would have given him a fair chance this season. He's had his bad luck with injuries, and his appearances for the Reserves do appear to indicate a goal scoring talent at some level.

We're desperate for strikers, particularly the mythical "big target man" that McGhee keeps on about, so I think we could have done a lot worse than giving him a few first-team games to prove whether or not he could have been that player before taking these steps.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I have no idea, having never seen him even train, let alone play a competetive match.

I also have no idea of the exact nature of any transfer/signing on fee and wages, and how this related to other transactions through the same agent at the same time.

I am quite happy to trust MM and DK to manage the players and the club.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Titanic said:
I have no idea, having never seen him even train, let alone play a competetive match.

I also have no idea of the exact nature of any transfer/signing on fee and wages, and how this related to other transactions through the same agent at the same time.

Completley agree. :thumbsup:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Titanic said:

Yes, but this is a discussion board. I'm happy for DK to look after the club, but we can still discuss his decisions.

No, chronic harmstring injury related "to the way he walks" FFS, and style of football completely different to what he was used to. Bad decision to sign him, great decision to cut our losses.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I've heard that he was paid £100,000 for last year with a car and flat thrown in as part of the deal.
Someone's had a nice little touch out of us for zero return:angry:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
This whole business really does make us look stupid, especially with all and sundry constantly banging on about how little money we have. Of course we're going to be strapped for cash if we piss £150k or whatever it was up the wall on the basis of a recommendation then never play said player and pay up his contract a year later. Idiotic.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
its like the fella at southampton who Souess signed on somebodies recommendation, bloody amateur.

Had to go

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Stinky Kat said:
its like the fella at southampton who Souess signed on somebodies recommendation, bloody amateur.

Had to go

Unlike that guy though, Turienzo might have actually been useful if we had ever dared to play him.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
He looked good up at Luton - worked his arse off, held it up well, a decent touch; and all this when partnered with McCammon. Something of a shame it was his only start - bugger knows what McGhee's doing. Again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here