Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket Renewals

Are you going to renew your season ticket?

• Results between now and issue of renewal notices make no difference

Votes: 64 62.7%
  • Being adrift in the bottom three will affect your decision

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Gonna wait to the end of the season anyway

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Not going to renew..plenty of seats availiable

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Given that the club is short of cash how big an effect will our league position have on season ticket renewals. Whats you opinion?

1) Results between now and there issue make no difference

2) Being cut adrift at the bottom will affect it

3) Going to wait to the end of the season anyway

4) Not going to renew anyway

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I love BHA so it will make no difference I will still renew both this season and next even if we get relegated again. Unfortunately DK knows that a lot of people share my view so he can do exactly what he likes as regards price. Demand is greater than supply at the moment as regards seats.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BensGrandad said:
I love BHA so it will make no difference I will still renew both this season and next even if we get relegated again. Unfortunately DK knows that a lot of people share my view so he can do exactly what he likes as regards price. Demand is greater than supply at the moment as regards seats.

Disagree - its clearly not - you can get tickets for every home game.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I didn't renew last year, various reasons, I had just shelled out a load on a Golf Club membership, and moved house, however I have got my hands on a North Stand ticket for next season and have already put the money aside for it, regardless of whether McGhee takes us down or not.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
voted for 4 but the reasoning is not because we are not doing well as going to football is a social thing for me and an opportunity to have a day off from the lovely wife and kids and get a few beers in however next year I cannot afford to renew due to ongoing house repairs, so I will go when mates cant and sell me their seat or when i can get a ticket from the shop which if we go down should not be difficult.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
results between now and the end of the season will have no bearing on my descision will renew

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'm renewing anyway as going to footie on a saturday is far better an option than trauling round shops of a saturday afternoon.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So, about 35% are not going to renew or are waivering... and this on a message board populated by some of our club's most loyal fans... very worrying, IMHO... do the "relegation doesn't matter" brigade and, more importantly the club's board, need to take notice... I think so...

B.W. said:
So, about 35% are not going to renew or are waivering... and this on a message board populated by some of our club's most loyal fans... very worrying, IMHO... do the "relegation doesn't matter" brigade and, more importantly the club's board, need to take notice... I think so...

What utter tosh. There are hundreds of loyal fans on here but there are also hundreds of once in a whiler's as well. NSC is a representative cross section of fans. And not even Ian Hart would use the results from 18 votes to make a statement like yours. Besides which, the poll isn't limited to Season Ticket holders so you'll probably find that someone who has voted no isn't a STH anyway - like the other thread.

Besides which, please show me who has said that relegation doesn't matter. I, along with a few others, have said that it won't be the end of the world like some doom mongers are predicting. That's not to say we want the club to go down - far from it. I'm just not a drama queen - just a realist.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Great Cornholio said:
Rubbish - Burnley on a Tuesday night wouldn't have sold out if we were mid table.

You are picking on one particular game as people do on here continually when they say that next season we would get higher gates in Div 1. I am talking of the general situation over the course of the season. Had we been halfway up the table we would have filled Withdean most games and tickets would have been difficult to come by.

Will Hartelpool on a Tuesday night next season sell out if we are not in the top 4.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
B.W. said:

More than a few "diehards" I've spoken to arent renewing due to the small amount of money reinvested in the team and the general poor facilities at withdean

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm a mug so I'll renew regardless. I see my season ticket as a sort of charitable donation. As long as the players are trying and the board aren't pocketing the profit then I'm happy to chip in.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Current season ticket holder- and money will be a big issue so i will probably wait until the end of the season.

Despite my personal views regards McGhee i will always want to follow the Albion.

Im more likely to think twice about away games if McGhee is still in charge next season.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I have voted for number 1. As I can afford a season ticket, I think it is my job to help keep the club going regardless of what happens, and in addition, I feel we have been spoiled spending 3 out of the last 4 seasons in Division 1/The Championship. Who would have thought that when we were at Hereford or struggling at Gillingham in the next 2 seasons? However, I shall not bother to come down for the evening games from London if we go down as it is a complete pain getting to them.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
West Hoathly Seagull said:
However, I shall not bother to come down for the evening games from London if we go down as it is a complete pain getting to them.

This is a view that will be echoed by many. In your case being a STH the club will not lose money but this will be shared by many who buy ticketrs for each game for whatever reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here