Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saudi regime buying Dan Ashworth: the undelying cause for our collapse in form?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The gossip from those In The Know (aka blokes down the pub) is that Bissouma really wants to go to a London club and doesn't fancy living in the Midands.

funny you say that, when I was looking for a job several recruiters suggested the Midlands, pick and choose jobs, more for your money etc. . .I'm still in Sussex . . .. location location location. ;-)

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This certainly hasn't helped. Bissouma has been a waste of space since Christmas
If this is an indication of how disinterested he'll be next season if we make him play out his contract then best we do let him go.

Villa now reported to be preparing a £60M bid for Kalvin Phillips, so presumably lost interest in Bissouma. That £30-£35M we apparantly turned down in January looks more and more like an opportunity missed now (in hindsight of course).

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
West Ham, one season wonders this year, United will have a complete overhaul including manager etc, plus a massive pay rise as you suggest.

Champions League with a young and (hate to admit it - can't stand the entitled club) improving Arsenal, or a lesser competition with United, whose massive overhaul may or may not be a success in the next two or three years? Hmmmmm.......

Just the money, then.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Not sure a Bissouma move quite so easy to predict now - his value will have depreciated commensurate with his form and I'm pretty certain that his sulking will also have put off potential suitors i.e. if he don't shape up he won't be shipping out!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nope. Not having it at all. I know they are disappointed with his leaving, and obviously if he is as good at his job as his reputation suggests then it will have an effect on us. But that effect will be felt later - in regards to recruitment, contract negotiations, etc.

He’s not the manager. He’s not a coach. He’s not a player. Hanging the current run of dreadful form on his leaving, is a lazy cop out.

Generally agree with this, especially in terms of any effects from the Ashworth departure coming later on.

Having said that, I'm not sure of the timeline regarding Ashworth departing and GP testing positive for Covid.

This may sound silly, but to me GP doesn't seem quite right since his return from that positive Covid test. I think it was his first match back that he was dressed like he was going to a funeral and his demeanor was very subdued? Now I know he's not the most expressive of managers ordinarily, but he just looks like there's a lot on his mind at the moment and his confidence has perhaps suffered. Certainly the team seem to have lost a lot of confidence recently, as witnessed by performances and results.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
May not be actual shit, but not behind a goal would be a good start. South east corner.

Yeah, I think the away end wasn't given enough thought. The trouble with the SE corner is lack of depth, so it would extend a fair bit round. The NE corner would be better and promote a better atmosphere.

The least good seats are the front rows. Putting the awayers there would be a headache though.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure a Bissouma move quite so easy to predict now - his value will have depreciated commensurate with his form and I'm pretty certain that his sulking will also have put off potential suitors i.e. if he don't shape up he won't be shipping out!!

I’m thinking the same.

A couple of years ago it seemed the Arsenal plastic was destined to join them.

Since, they’re progressing, his game’s regressed.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Yeah, I think the away end wasn't given enough thought. The trouble with the SE corner is lack of depth, so it would extend a fair bit round. The NE corner would be better and promote a better atmosphere.

The least good seats are the front rows. Putting the awayers there would be a headache though.
Be amazed if they ever move the away fans, certainly under Barber's watch in the Prem. Because it would mean selling £30 away tickets in seats that they can flog for £42 or more to home fans.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I really don't think other clubs think, oh Bissouma's had a couple of average games, we'll only bid £30 million now.

Also I don't get people saying he's sulking. He's had a couple of games when he has not been playing to the same standard as he has reached over the past few years. He is not alone in the Albion team.

Just have faith, I am sure we will see the Biss we all know and love again before the end of the season.

And if he does go, then he should be recognised as one of Brighton's best ever players.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This certainly hasn't helped. Bissouma has been a waste of space since Christmas
If this is an indication of how uninterested he'll be next season if we make him play out his contract then best we do let him go.

He played well at Tottenham in the Cup but maybe he was trying to impress the recruitment people at the big important London club.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Generally agree with this, especially in terms of any effects from the Ashworth departure coming later on.

Having said that, I'm not sure of the timeline regarding Ashworth departing and GP testing positive for Covid.

This may sound silly, but to me GP doesn't seem quite right since his return from that positive Covid test. I think it was his first match back that he was dressed like he was going to a funeral and his demeanor was very subdued? Now I know he's not the most expressive of managers ordinarily, but he just looks like there's a lot on his mind at the moment and his confidence has perhaps suffered. Certainly the team seem to have lost a lot of confidence recently, as witnessed by performances and results.

GPott has a huge amount on his mind. Most notably, how can be reconcile, long term, playing controlled, possession football (like Guardiola) without the talent and resources available to a Manchester City. When Ashworth, charged with the long term vision of delivering resources to Potter to enable him to compete on a relative shoestring, was offered PIF resources - he jumped. The inevitability of that sporting conundrum laid bare has rocked the Albion’s boat.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
GPott has a huge amount on his mind. Most notably, how can be reconcile, long term, playing controlled, possession football (like Guardiola) without the talent and resources available to a Manchester City. When Ashworth, charged with the long term vision of delivering resources to Potter to enable him to compete on a relative shoestring, was offered PIF resources - he jumped. The inevitability of that sporting conundrum laid bare has rocked the Albion’s boat.

Yup, said exactly that on a couple of other threads.

To be fair if we had our very best team out and had not sold Ben White then I think we'd just about be capable of carrying it off most weeks but trying to play like City when you're forced to play Shane Duffy, Solly March, an out of form Dunk, Bissouma whose mind is elsewhere and Pascal "I can't believe he got slower" Gross is, well, "interesting".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here