Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russia V England

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
That pitch looks well odd. Not sure it should really be allowed.

Anyone recall the 6-1 drubbing we got at Oldham on their plastic pitch. God that day was depressing.

Celtic played on it during their cl qualifiers and had no problems at all..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That pitch looks well odd. Not sure it should really be allowed.

Anyone recall the 6-1 drubbing we got at Oldham on their plastic pitch. God that day was depressing.

I have recalled it this very day, on the John Byrne thread. Terrible day. Very cold too. Amazing goal from Wilkins though.

I have actually played on that plastic pitch at Boundary Park, as has Mr El Presidente.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
If I install SKy anytime on my PC is it actually broadcast live then? I don't want to download if it this is not the case.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
you just need to click the blue bar near the top of the browsing window that says install active x control....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Tried it, no luck, fired up Media Player, told me the file was not available

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Comon Dylan, we need to know!!!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
5 Live is doing the commentry on a mobile phone I think

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Jeez, Skys crashed, BBC has crashed, pah, think I'll just get on with some work

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
If I hear one more plastic pitch comment - I'll scream! Just get ON with it! It's hardly green plastic carpet type material of the old days. Mr Coach played at Loftus Road and the old type was terrible, but having done his coaching badges at Waterhall where they have a 3rd gen pitch, he says the standards have improved greatly - it may not be quite grass, and if you have a slight injury you'd feel it more, but it's quite nice to play on! You dont have to wear trainers, you can wear moulded or blades - it's a totally different surface to the Oldham and QPR days. They are supposed to be the best players in the Country - think of the pitches us lesser mortals play on on a Sunday - how on earth can we cope!?
And being in Russia and not able to freeze, it's probably softer than the grass and the ground would be!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here