Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rush, rush, rush for the bus......

OK you naughty boys in the lower regions of Block E. You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. ??? Those in other parts of the ground may not. After years of merciless baiting, the partner of Medusa with the evil glare finally flipped his lid today! She has a glare so venomous, I swear I saw the snakes swirling in her hair! :ohmy: Hubby/partner let forth a barrage of abuse at those nasty men in block E after their usual minus ten from full time exit brought forth the usual chorus today. I have to say I think this childish behaviour should cease. :rolleyes: :lolol: Or if you need tickets from Queens Road, make sure it's a postal aplication!! ??? ??? OMG....those eyes lol.:eek:

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
Zeitgeist said:
OK you naughty boys in the lower regions of Block E. You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. ??? Those in other parts of the ground may not. After years of merciless baiting, the partner of Medusa with the evil glare finally flipped his lid today! She has a glare so venomous, I swear I saw the snakes swirling in her hair! :ohmy: Hubby/partner let forth a barrage of abuse at those nasty men in block E after their usual minus ten from full time exit brought forth the usual chorus today. I have to say I think this childish behaviour should cease. :rolleyes: :lolol: Or if you need tickets from Queens Road, make sure it's a postal aplication!! ??? ??? OMG....those eyes lol.:eek:

What happened??
:eek:

After disapearing out of sight down the stairs, he suddenly reappeared and launched a barrage of abuse at the gentle folk of block E. :lolol:

Last edited:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Complete sense of humour bypass from thebloke (presumably hubby). Can't wait till Rushden - if they leave early again the WHOLE of E Block will be yelling at them!

E-blocker.

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
Was this really the full scale event that is reported here?
I sit in Block E - same row as Ballonboy, admitedly the other side of the aisle but much closer to it. I didn't see anything.
Must have been concenttrating on the game :)

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This has probably been covered before, but I am astounded how many people leave before the final whistle at the Withdean. I can only get to a game occasionally (only 4th of the season yesterday) In two of the four they would have missed goals (Knight pen v Grimsby and yesterday). I use to go to 30-40 games a season in the 80's and only once left early (some protest which I can't remember why now). As far as I am concerned I pay for 90 minutes football and to miss a goal just to get home 20 minutes earlier seems madness to me.
I must be weird for the players playing the last few minutes to an emptying ground, what does that tell them of the supporters who would rather get home than applaud them at the end of a game.
Rant over!
Great win yesterday
:clap2: :ascarf: :clap2:

Inkerman

Sep 3, 2003
Berkshire
You're right gazwag it has been covered before - many times.

Charlie Oatway said a couple of seasons ago that in his opinion it was one of the worst things about playing at Withdean, like you he said couldn't understand the need to get home a few minutes early.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I have to leave each match pretty sharpish as I have to work in Worthing at 6pm which includes getting home and changing, but I do wait until the final whistle.

What's even more annoying is those who constantly arrive late when the games 5 mins old. Every week the same people behind me in the South Stand drift in late - don't they know the game kicks off at 3 ?

Buckingham

Feb 23, 2004
Brighton
I'm often one of the only people left in my part of F block at the end of some games, even those that do stay often don't bother to clap the team, even when we win.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There is one particular fellow in the North Stand who always gets up to go to the toilet 5 mins or so after the second half starts or 15 mins before half time and then returns 5 mins later thus making everybody stand up to allow him through and back again and then leaves10 minutes before the end of the game. Can't say much as he may have a medical condition.

fink

Mar 15, 2004
not far away
Zeitgeist said:
After disapearing out of sight down the stairs, he suddenly reappeared and launched a barrage of abuse at the gentle folk of block E. :lolol:

As one of the "gentle folks" concerned, this was our first preplanned R.R.R.f.t.Bus, mainly due to the previous evil eye episodes. and have to say it was even funnier due to hubby reappearing up above the eye line level and giving some nasties.
Everyone is invited to attend the next event. it's hilarious:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :bounce: :bounce: :clap: :clap: :lolol: :lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Great to learn of a Rush Rush Rush for the bus movement...maybe now some of these people would realise that hundreds of people getting up and rushing out is f**king ANNOYING:angry: :angry:

I've heard that Mrs Rush Rush Rush for the bus works for the club-don't know in what capacity though. They should bloody well know better.

Now I know it's an organised thing I'm looking forward to our next home game:lolol:

Last edited:

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
It does my Fcukin head in people leaving early, it's the same people every week and then you see them hanging around outside the ground - what is the point???

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
there is no point.... when i had a season ticket last season i used to feel it a privilege to wait till the end and have danny cullip come across and clap the south stand. one of the many highlight of my saturday afternoons.

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
I did leave early once though, due to my nievity. Just before half time, I needed a slash and though if i went 10 mins before half time i could get a hot burger before the rush of queues. How wrong was I !!! having left the south stand, i rushed to the loo, got me burger, tucking into it as I was just paying when i hear the whole of the south stand stand up (when someone is about to score) AND THEN FCUKING ERUPT as bobby zee scored what turned out to be one of the goals of the season against ipswich !! I had lernt my lesson and i shall never do it agian. promise.:)

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Bobby's Gull said:
It does my Fcukin head in people leaving early, it's the same people every week and then you see them hanging around outside the ground - what is the point???

It also leads to standing up, sitting down, standing up, sitting down. Up, down, up, down-like a toilet seat near the end of a party. For the last 5 minutes, those of us who stay have our entertainment totally spoilt by these shitheads.

The stewards should make them all leave via the rear stairs-that'd f*ck 'em up!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here