Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Liam Payne

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
RIP. He was cheerily posting on Instagram just a few hours prior, talking about his plans for the day. Very sad news for his friends, family and fans.
I just watched that. It was the most normal video, I’ve not heard him speak before but he comes across as someone relaxed and normal. There were no signs whatsoever of someone with issues. Sad, he leaves a little son behind as well. 😔

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I just watched that. It was the most normal video, I’ve not heard him speak before but he comes across as someone relaxed and normal. There were no signs whatsoever of someone with issues. Sad, he leaves a little son behind as well. 😔
Subsequently, some sources are reporting the videos and pictures in question were “planned” releases, pre-prepared content set to release at regular intervals, and may have been up to a year old.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Sadly, this is the case for the vast majority of people with issues/struggles/whatever label you want to use (let's face it, we most likely all have them to some extent).
It has been posted elsewhere, but this seems a good place to post it again:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Perhaps those who've quoted it could also edit their posts?
Not sure how that is up to me because I didn’t the post but maybe they will if you ask them directly 🤷🏻‍♂️

(Telling that the comment got the most number of likes on the thread too - gallows humour I suppose)

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Just to reiterate, there is no confirmation or reliable reports of how/why he fell at this point.
GMB and Sky News were both reporting the content of the '911' call from the Hotel Manager, unfortunately he's making assumptions and allegations in it, that will clearly be on record permanently.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
However it happened, awful news. He lived in the same village as me for a period, and I bumped into him in Sainsbury’s a few times, once when I was with my daughter who was 12 then. He was kind, charming and seemed very humble. RIP

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What's wrong with what he said there?
He is very, very clearly off his face. Hate to speak ill of the dead, and to be so blunt, but you did ask. This was right in the middle of his publicised cocaine addiction. Look at his eyes, his jaw movements/gurning, and listen to the rubbish he’s speaking which makes perfect sense to him.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
He is very, very clearly off his face. Hate to speak ill of the dead, and to be so blunt, but you did ask. This was right in the middle of his publicised cocaine addiction. Look at his eyes, his jaw movements/gurning, and listen to the rubbish he’s speaking which makes perfect sense to him.
I think that's poundland psychology at its worst. And in terms of "the rubbish he's speaking" - I've heard a lot worse being spoken by supposedly sober politicians!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I think that's poundland psychology at its worst. And in terms of "the rubbish he's speaking" - I've heard a lot worse being spoken by supposedly sober politicians!
I think you’re wrong. I can easily recognise someone under the effects of cocaine. All the tells are there. If you know you know. Combined with his known cocaine addiction at the time of this interview.

But I really don’t want to shit up this RIP thread, so let’s just leave it there please.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I must be So out of touch as I have absolutely no idea who he was I had heard of one direction but could not name any of there songs and never seen X Factor.

I can only assume he was a mega star by the coverage on the BBC News on line which has 7 separate articles about him currently streaming

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Clearly a troubled individual, and perhaps one who couldn't get the help he desperately needed, also appears to have had some issues with his treatment of women. That said he was a hero to many millions (Nick Ferrari on This Morning compared him to Bowie), a talented singer and songwriter and a father and indeed a son, lord knows what his family will be going through. Condolences to his family and I hope he is now at peace.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Subsequently, some sources are reporting the videos and pictures in question were “planned” releases, pre-prepared content set to release at regular intervals, and may have been up to a year old.
Yep, reports his girlfriend left Argentina on 14th October so looks like they were pre recorded out by his ‘team’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here