Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Ernest Borgnine

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ernest Borgnine - IMDb

"Ernest Borgnine, the rugged, stocky actor with a brassy voice and the face of the local butcher, died today in Los Angeles at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center of renal failure. He was 95. (more)

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Just seen this on BBC News Site, RIP Ernest , great actor. Spent some of his final years travelling the States in a massive RV Motorhome
what a lovely way to spend his retirement. Another legend departs but lives on with his films.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was a good actor. Mind you at 95, he had a good innings.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Very watchable actor and still very busy the last 10 years, only recently saw him in that Bruce Willis film Red. He was also married to Katy Jurado who was hot stuff in the 50's and also to Ethel Merman who must have had the loudest voice in history.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Proper Hollywood legend. RIP

careboy

Banned
Nov 23, 2011
Ahh! I stand corrected then, Thanks for clearing that up.
ap.jpg

or.jpg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Ernie, had the amazing ability to be able to play a good guy or a bad guy with equal ability... Ice Station Zebra one of the best

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
For me, two of my favourite roles that he played, as the gentle and insecure man looking for love in "Marty" and as the "heavy' in "Bad Day At Black Rock". Two very different roles that showed his versatility as an actor.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The two roles I most remember him for are in the poseidon adventure and baseketball.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
As an avid Western fan I mourn his passing. RIP mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here