Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Charlie Watts

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Another legend passes away, RIP Charlie

Skuller

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2017
I remember we used to see him at Lewes station in the sixties when we were on our way home to Seaford from school. We never had the nerve to approach him. I can’t remember where it was he lived but it was nearby.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The fact that Charlie Watts was so normal is extraordinary …… I mean that world where you can have practically anything you want.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
End of a wonderful life. Beatles or Stones - I am/was both. Best drummer ever - Moon was a bit erratic and Jones only good. Did well to keep sane in a mad industry. RIP CW, your music will be your legacy.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
For all his straight laced exterior talk to anyone who knows what they’re talking about and he’s one of the greatest rock n roll drummers of all time.

A sad, sad day for music. ��

Last edited:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Some of his ill informed critics might call him bland and boring but talk to anyone who knows what they’re talking about and he’s one of the greatest rock n roll drummers of all time.

A sad, sad day for music. 😞

Quite, you can't have a band full of show offs, someones got to hold it together . . . . As a bass player you couldn't want for a better band mate.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Sad day indeed.
My dad used to have a drink with him at The Sloop in Scaynes Hill in the late 80s/ early 90s and remarked what a gentle chap he was.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Oh no. 80 or not, I didn't expect that even after he pulled out of the latest tour. Just my favourite drummer with a unique style of blues/rock/jazz influences. Bloody gutted. I once cashed a debit on his bank account for him in Lewes. He just signed it with a cross and said 'You know who I am'. Damned right I did. RIP Charlie.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Have opened up a bottle of red and will listen to 'Let it Bleed' at near full volume later. I appreciate the Stones and this album in particular is a special one.
RIP

Every day of every week that band in the sky gets a bit more legendary doesn't it?

TNBA

TTF

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A very sad day. I was brought up on, and became a big fan of, the Stones due to my late father’s love of them. Sympathy for the Devil is my favourite ever song. I last saw them at Glastonbury 6 or 7 years ago and despite their age they could still deliver an energetic rock and roll set…..all underpinned by that man at the back.

A giant and a gentleman. Thank you Charlie. RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here