Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ridsdale new Chairman at Preston North End

Lush

Mods' Pet
From what I can gather: Their chairman is ill, their club is losing money hand over fist and they need someone with experience to step in. Peter Ridsdale is a slippery customer, makes mistakes and will always look after Peter Ridsdale first and foremost. However he does know his way around this administration stuff and his previous clubs, perhaps more by luck than judgement, appear at least to be back on the up when they could have gone to the wall.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
From what I can gather: Their chairman is ill, their club is losing money hand over fist and they need someone with experience to step in. Peter Ridsdale is a slippery customer, makes mistakes and will always look after Peter Ridsdale first and foremost. However he does know his way around this administration stuff and his previous clubs, perhaps more by luck than judgement, appear at least to be back on the up when they could have gone to the wall.

Also the previous chairman wasn't really a football person, at least Ridsdale knows the game.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Peter said of his appointment: "I am delighted and privileged to be joining Preston North End Football Club. Preston North End is a football club that has an incredible football heritage, a large and loyal supporter base and a club that frankly ought to be competing to join the Premier League, which is why I am here, to make sure that this never happens."

Sounds about right :thumbsup:

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Peter Ridsdale - the Red Adair of football .............

For you youngun's out there Paul Neal "Red" Adair (June 18, 1915 – August 7, 2004) was an American oil well firefighter. He became world notable as an innovator in the highly specialized and extremely hazardous profession of extinguishing and capping blazing, erupting oil well blowouts, both land-based and offshore.

Ironically, since his death, Adairs company has now morphed into a subsidiary of Haliburton, responsible for the Deepwater Horizon Gulf of Mexico Oil spill, so it doesn't look like everything will be rosy for PNE for some while.......

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The Plymouth fans I know would not agree with that. As far as they are concerned their predicament has been made worse by Ridsdale's involvement and any escape from it is despite Ridsdale, not because of him.

Lush

Mods' Pet
The Plymouth fans I know would not agree with that. As far as they are concerned their predicament has been made worse by Ridsdale's involvement and any escape from it is despite Ridsdale, not because of him.

As I mentioned, he makes mistakes. In Plymouth's case he initially chased after the wrong potential backers. Also his offer to buy the club for £1 - which I put in the bracket of looking after himself, first and foremost.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here