Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ridsdale new Chairman at Preston North End

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is rare for someone to be chairman of more than one club.

This guy has chaired more clubs than Mandaric.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is rare for someone to be chairman of more than one club.

This guy has chaired more clubs than Mandaric.

Not really - he's a professional football administrator, similar to guys like Peter Kenyon. Their job is running (sic) football clubs and move from employer to employer as other workers do.

It just seems slightly strange, from the perspective of fans, who stick with one club for life. We're the constant in clubs, pretty much everyone else is transient.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Sheeesh, I bet the Deepdale faithful are absolutely delighted to hear that Peter 'The Mothman' Ridsdale has taken up residence in their Board Room... :nono:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not really - he's a professional football administrator, similar to guys like Peter Kenyon. Their job is running (sic) football clubs and move from employer to employer as other workers do.

It just seems slightly strange, from the perspective of fans, who stick with one club for life. We're the constant in clubs, pretty much everyone else is transient.

Maybe it is just the title then.

Kenyon was never the top man at Man U or Chelsea. Not sure if Ridsdale answered anyone at his clubs. I appreciate that he assisted the administrators at Plymouth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That'll please Mark Lawrenson, if they slip much further down the league he'll probably forget he used to play for them.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Another once great club in serious trouble then?

Sent from my iPhone using P+ R

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
My thoughts and condolences to the Preston fans at this difficult time.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Is this the one ?

Attachments

• nav_logo95.png
    nav_logo95.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 71

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oops got that a bit wrong with the image.

Anyway bye bye Preston for a while.

Sarisbury Seagull

Solly March Fan Club
NSC Patron
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just can't understand this.

Whether he's good as a football administrator or not (and history would say he isn't!), this has got to be a massive own goal for Preston?! They will now have a stigma applied to them that a great club like Preston do not deserve, the media are already taking the piss about it and surely its going to get the fans backs up?

Seems a very odd decision. Is there no one else out there who can do at least a good as job as him without the baggage?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here