Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ridiculous things that you can (but can't really) attribute to Brexit

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You mean everyone that isn't employed in a manufacturer exporter. All losers...

Nah. I mean every single company who is currently reporting a loss, from the lowliest local limited company shop to the biggest national company. They all blame it on Brexit despite the fact that Brexit hasn't happened yet.
Nice convenient coverall for their individual failings. :tosser:

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Nah. I mean every single company who is currently reporting a loss, from the lowliest local limited company shop to the biggest national company. They all blame it on Brexit despite the fact that Brexit hasn't happened yet.

Good shout.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Totally this, a restaurant in Brighton closed last month a blamed brexit

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I was struggling to find work some years back now, and I remember being told by many recruitment agents (I know) that the market was very quiet "because of September 11th" :/

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
An increased inability to answer questions

An increase in cutting and pasting without reading and understanding the content

An increase in inaccurate information

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They just need to bus in loads of unemployed Mackems, Welsh and Cornish who have signed their own death warrants...

"Ridiculous things that you can (but can't really) attribute to Brexit"

Here they come (ridiculous things, that is), thick and fast. Death warrants, eh? Laughable............but not very funny.

My bus was late because of Brexit this morning.

Last edited:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
The only thing that can be attributed to Brexit so far, is the drop in the pound against the Euro and Dollar. Just gives the Bankers and money men the excuse to gamble with the value of both. So ... still being screwed by the same lot that was screwing us before. No change there.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Most UK businesses rely to a greater or lesser extent on imported materials or components and due to global lack of confidence in sterling these will be costing a lot more now which obviously drives costs up. This should be offset to some degree by hopefully exporting more, but many companies are beginning to feel the squeeze. Despite BREXIT not having actually happened yet the long term economic prospects for UK look very uncertain, and against this backdrop business confidence is slipping. But surely this isn't a surprise to anyone is it? No incontinence pants required thanks...

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
An inability to feel any sense of superiority when looking at how so many Americans have been taken in by Trump.....they seem to have stopped short of drinking the Kool Aid unlike us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I don't see why we can't all try to just get along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here