'Rev' tonight, BBC2, 9pm tonight.....

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Rev? Very funny? Have you not read any of his threads :facepalm: :moo:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Seen a few trailers for this recently but had never heard of it previously.

I notice the guy from In The Loop stars.

Is it any good then?

Or is it another Vicar of Dibley?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Rather more looking forward to Life's Too Short.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
At 2130.

Anywhere close to Extras & the Office & it'll be a good'un.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Rev 2 out of 10

Life 2 small 3 out of 10

They may think they are really funny but they are in reality not really funny.

Give me 1/2 million and I will write and produce a really great sit com.

TNBA

TTF

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Have to admit, both disappointing.vRev was a bit lame, and it was just another case of the Ricky Gervais Show. When he wasn't in the scene, the mannerism's were so 'Officesque'.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Rev was watchable. I couldn't find anything particularly wrong with it, and it certainly has a good cast. I'll watch it again, but would be surprised if it has me guffawing in the aisles.

As for Life's Too Short I think it's far too early to pass judgement.

I couldn't help but notice just how much it stank of Gervais and Merchant (unsurprisingly), but you'd think that with so much experience under their collective belt they might have tried to branch out a little. There were so many moments where I just thought that line could have just as easily been in The Office or Extras, and even with characters and actors we've not seen before, the writing was such that it was hardly a stretch to imagine some of the lines being delivered by Gervais himself, either as Brent or Millman.

I'm not writing it off, not by a long shot. In fact both The Office and Extras took a while to hit their stride when they were completely fresh, but it would be nice to be surprised by the script instead of second guessing it the whole time. In fact I almost got a little insulted as a viewer when they were doing the whole "howcome Ricky gets away with it" bit. Just kind of reinforced that this was nothing new and Gervais was "getting away" with the same formula that has made him a millionaire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here