Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relations who have played for Brighton

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
My physio played for Brighton, his picture is up on North stand wall. Guess that doesnt count either !!!!

Did not know he played for the Albion until saw that pic, I Went to Fawcett with him!

My mother used to work with Steve Pipers mother!

No - none of my relations have any playing connections.

D

Deleted User X18H

Cyril my dads second cousin (I think) was manager as well. Died in the early 80's I think.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Have known Darren Freeman for about 28 years,-even if i only see him on the odd occasion these days,i also know Ross Johnson from old,not sure if this counts.......eh nope it does not.

I have however scored a goal at the Goldstone,in both goals when me an a few mates scaled the walls one evening and took a ball with us......this in my eyes does count.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Im friends with Paiul McCarthy lives in my town played for Albion and Rep of Ireland currently Asst Manager of Ebsfleet Town in the Conference.
And my great Uncle Peter played for Aston Villa in 57 cup final v Man Utd (not Albion related I know) ended living in Arundel.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My grandfathers brothers son is Adrian Thorne who was a winger for the Albion in the late 50's . His claim to fame was scoring 5 out of 6 goals in a cup match for the Albion.

Sorry to be pedantic but it wasnt a cup game it was a game in Div III South that we had to win to gain our first ever promotion to Div II and he scored 5 of the goals as we beat Watford. I know because I was there, as were many who write on here.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Sorry to be pedantic but it wasnt a cup game it was a game in Div III South that we had to win to gain our first ever promotion to Div II and he scored 5 of the goals as we beat Watford. I know because I was there, as were many who write on here.

Pre floodlights and an early kick off too-all from the history books as i am far too young and a final promotion at last as we were very good in the 50's but always seemed to just miss out..good timing too as they restructured the Leagues at that stage?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Thanks for that, I was unsure of the exact facts, after all, I am a whippersnapper who was only born in 1960. And, sadly I have never met the man himself.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Have known Darren Freeman for about 28 years,-even if i only see him on the odd occasion these days,i also know Ross Johnson from old,not sure if this counts.......eh nope it does not.

I have however scored a goal at the Goldstone,in both goals when me an a few mates scaled the walls one evening and took a ball with us......this in my eyes does count.

:bowdown:

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
My mate's missus works with Nicky Forsters missus.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Yeah we did it one Sunday night i think,only about 16 or 17 at the time,climbed over the East terrace,and it was quite fun,no chance getting away with it at the Amex.

I tell you these Pro's that miss the target even from 35 yards want shooting,if i can score in the dark with only moonlight!!!

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The Virgo brothers are fellow Old Ardinians, though I'm not sure that counts. My first Geography Master at Ardingly, Graham Dawtrey, was an Albion Reserve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here