Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Relations who have played for Brighton

nick

Sep 20, 2011
Haywards Heath
How many people on here have had relations play for Brighton in the past or present?
My first cousin twise removed played for Brighton in the 1950s.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
The wife is related to Simon funnel

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
How many people on here have had relations play for Brighton in the past or present?
My first cousin twise removed played for Brighton in the 1950s.

I've been told that Hugh Vallance (season 1929-1930) was my Great Uncle, but I've never been keen enough to check it out in all honesty! Would certainly add up, as all my father's family were born in Wolverhampton.

Not too happy about the 'serious misdemeanour' implication below, especially in light of current events....

"Vallance was born in Wolverhampton and after serving in the army as a guardsman began his football career with Kidderminster Harriers. He moved to Aston Villa in 1927, but left to join Queens Park Rangers without having broken into the first team. He made just one appearance for Rangers before moving to Brighton & Hove Albion in the spring of 1929. He was given his chance by Brighton manager Charlie Webb and soon established himself in the Brighton attack alongside Dan Kirkwood. In the 1929–30 season, Vallance scored four hat-tricks before the end of the year. By the end of the season, Vallance had scored 30 league goals in 37 games, while his strike parter Kirkwood had netted 38 in 40. The following season, Vallance scored twice in the first seven games before his Brighton contract was terminated for a "serious misdemeanour" at the same time as that of Ireland international Jack Curran."

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
my colleague is dunky's cousin

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My great uncle Harry Baldwin, played in goal for the Albion between the wars, and held a league record for saving, I think, SIX successive penalties.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I was at school with Mark Searle who played for Crawley in the cup tie at the Goldstone!

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
My nan had 3 brothers all playing for the Albion, they all played together in reserve team. Most successful was alec south who we sold to Liverpool!!

nick

Sep 20, 2011
Haywards Heath
Just been looking at family history and found out my great uncle played for hartlepool and chelsea briefly and the grandfathher was in brighton youth aswell. Maybe I've got a chance :D

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
My grandfathers brothers son is Adrian Thorne who was a winger for the Albion in the late 50's . His claim to fame was scoring 5 out of 6 goals in a cup match for the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here