Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rangers vs Motherwell -Scottish League Cup

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I have it on some authority that Glasgow Rangers will charge 50p entry for the home match against Motherwell. Just to ensure no money goes to a SPL club who were one of the knifers! To compensate they will ask supporters to pay £17 for the programme.

Superb...don't ask for what you don't want...you never know what you will get!

Oh and who had the largest home crowd over the weekend?

The Great Unwashed in their 2-2 draw with Hibs?

No!

Rangers in their 5-1 home game vs Elgin City (where the marbles come from).

I repeat....don't ask for what you don't want...you never know what you will get!

TNBA

TTF

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Being smart isn't going to win them any friends. There are still more charges lurking in the background I believe.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Being smart isn't going to win them any friends. There are still more charges lurking in the background I believe.

They are not into making friends, that was killed off about two months ago. It's all about looking after number one and with a lot of genuine reasons, albeit they deserved to be punished (well discussed on this and other forums).

Any other charges will be directed at Oldco and not Newco; how can they be?

TNBA

TTF

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
So will it be entry by program only?

No because that would make the progamme cost the entry fee. It means that they will get 48,000 x 50p= £24,000. Less a 15% standard admin charge meaning the resultant £20,400 would be split between the two clubs. i.e. £10,200 each.
The 40,000 programmes would net Rangers £680,000 which would be all theirs.

Cue mass hysteria from the SPL,SFA etc etc as they seek more ways to punish Glasgow Rangers.

I think it would be a master coup.

TNBA

TTF

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No because that would make the progamme cost the entry fee. It means that they will get 48,000 x 50p= £24,000. Less a 15% standard admin charge meaning the resultant £20,400 would be split between the two clubs. i.e. £10,200 each.
The 40,000 programmes would net Rangers £680,000 which would be all theirs.

Cue mass hysteria from the SPL,SFA etc etc as they seek more ways to punish Glasgow Rangers.

I think it would be a master coup.

TNBA

TTF

....except they won't sell 40,000 programms will they? They'll bu lucky to sell 2,000 at that price.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Sorry but i think it stinks. Rangers went bust because of their own greed Their illegal tax evading has endangered the financial position of the likes of Motherwell who deserve all the money they can get from the tie. If Rangers and their supporters weren't anything other than self interested bitter and spiteful bigots they'd act with some humility and not blame all and sundry for their self inflicted wounds.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just shows what a bunch of pricks they are at Rangers. Like it was Motherwell's fault that Rangers tried to price out all the competition and ended up bankrupting themselves in doing so. Or perhaps they should have just been allowed to carry on in the SPL as if nothing had happened?

Stupid bigoted pricks. I hope they f*** up promotions and it takes them a decade.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5165706 said:
Haha, I can see an epic fail coming up, no one will buy a programme for £17!

It's a protest though, I'm sure Rangers fans will understand the whole thing and will want to help. If you're only paying 50p for the entrance, paying £17 as a token price for the programme is both very clever, and very devious!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just shows what a bunch of pricks they are at Rangers. Like it was Motherwell's fault that Rangers tried to price out all the competition and ended up bankrupting themselves in doing so. Or perhaps they should have just been allowed to carry on in the SPL as if nothing had happened?

Stupid bigoted pricks. I hope they f*** up promotions and it takes them a decade.

Very much agreed on that. I hope the printers cock up the order.

I remember when Leeds fans boasted of their efforts to hit other clubs financially by boycotting food, drinks and so on. Despite filling the away ends and the home ends.

Always someone else's fault for a variety of dislikable teams.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
I have it on some authority that Glasgow Rangers will charge 50p entry for the home match against Motherwell. Just to ensure no money goes to a SPL club who were one of the knifers! To compensate they will ask supporters to pay £17 for the programme.

Superb...don't ask for what you don't want...you never know what you will get!

Oh and who had the largest home crowd over the weekend?

The Great Unwashed in their 2-2 draw with Hibs?

No!

Rangers in their 5-1 home game vs Elgin City (where the marbles come from).

I repeat....don't ask for what you don't want...you never know what you will get!

TNBA

TTF

Can we ask the thieving Tax cheating bastards for our money back?

I repeat.....Can we ask the theiving Tax cheating bastards for our money back?

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
Can we ask the thieving Tax cheating bastards for our money back?

I repeat.....Can we ask the theiving Tax cheating bastards for our money back?

Yes,

Send your request to

Ask Mr C Whyte nicely
Some Castle in Scotland
Secret Hideaway
Shitebag city
Scotland

Then form a queue behind Rangers for money owed.

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
Yes,

Send your request to

Ask Mr C Whyte nicely
Some Castle in Scotland
Secret Hideaway
Shitebag city
Scotland

Then form a queue behind Rangers for money owed.

Oh and there may be a forwarding address to somewhere in Monte Carlo

Fwd:

Googly Eyes
Mr C Whyte
Nobhead Apartment.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's a protest though, I'm sure Rangers fans will understand the whole thing and will want to help. If you're only paying 50p for the entrance, paying £17 as a token price for the programme is both very clever, and very devious!

Not so sure. If it was the albion doing this, I'd think they were being pretty pathetic, and as a protest myself, I'd pay the entry and save the £17 for beer later after leaving the ground.

dookieno8

Aug 20, 2012
Not so sure. If it was the albion doing this, I'd think they were being pretty pathetic, and as a protest myself, I'd pay the entry and save the £17 for beer later after leaving the ground.

It didn't happen anyway

Nor was it going to happen

It was a rumour started by idiots, the same idiots that change tickets to show Rangers 'giving away tickets' to either a) cause bad press or b) distract from their own teams abysmal attendances

Cup ticket prices are agreed by the 2 teams, if there is failure to agree these prices the football league and FA step in

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here