Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rafa Benitez linked to take over as manager at ...

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I hope they have a dramatic season - just fail to stay up - and pass us going in the other direction. And I hope we are more prepared for the Premier League than they are currently. Too much too soon for Saints, and simply why we were fortunate not to get promoted last season - it would have been extremely difficult to change the team sufficiently to finish in a safe position. Would be a bit mad to get rid of Adkins now - let him cock it up a bit more first.

Absolutely. So envious :angry:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
According to Ladbrokes, Dear Nigel is red hot 7/4 favourite in The Sack Race Stakes from Southampton with 2nd favourite Hughes, a distant 6/1.

Like all Managers when they are under the preasure, they will look for & try to claim 'positives' from a bad situation. The positives for Adkins? He isn't odds on - Yet. :lol:

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I hope they have a dramatic season - just fail to stay up - and pass us going in the other direction. And I hope we are more prepared for the Premier League than they are currently. Too much too soon for Saints, and simply why we were fortunate not to get promoted last season - it would have been extremely difficult to change the team sufficiently to finish in a safe position. Would be a bit mad to get rid of Adkins now - let him cock it up a bit more first.

Yeah i`ll agree with all of that

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
To be fair, it's only really Albion fans who dislike him coz of his 'if they can keep up with us' comment in 10/11. Similarly Saints fans generally don't think highly of Poyet coz of him comparing us to D&G and a few other strange anti Saints outbursts that season.

I think the decision not to give a guard of honour was worse. The 'keeping up with us' was ill-advised but it was banter, the refusal of the guard of honour was mean-spirited and the sign of a bad loser.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So clearly the song is true, they making plans for Nigel

Oct 25, 2003
it would be very harsh on adkins after two successive promotions

a promoted side can't really expect anything from man city, man united and arsenal, so it's only really the wigan result that was poor

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I think the decision not to give a guard of honour was worse. The 'keeping up with us' was ill-advised but it was banter, the refusal of the guard of honour was mean-spirited and the sign of a bad loser.

Not really. It wasnt your last home game of the season which is generally the tradition. That game was so important to us and we need the points more than you. Didnt need any distraction and so it proved with the win we got. Besides, that week, Poyet didnt help by whinging that Saints had a game in the final week of the season which apparently gave us an unfair advantage, even though Saints were complaining themselves that the original game had been postponed. Probably contributed to the decision not to do the guard if honour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here