Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rafa Benitez linked to take over as manager at ...

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Southampton ready to send SOS to former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez

SOUTHAMPTON are ready to make an SOS call to former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, according to reports in Spain.

The Saints currently sit bottom of the Premier League table after losing four out of four on their return to the top-flight.

And although club chiefs are sympathetic to boss Nigel Adkins over the South Coast side's tough start to the season, they are contemplating immediate action.

Saturday's 6-1 capitulation to Arsenal - coupled with the disappointing home loss to Wigan - is likely to have left chairman Nicola Cortese concerned about the Saints' ability to compete this season.

With Benitez keen to return to England, Spanish newspaper AS reports that the St Mary's outfit are considering turning to the 52-year-old.

The former Inter Milan boss has been out of work since being sacked by the Italian side in December 2010.

Benitez recently expressed his surprise that he was not considered for the Liverpool job prior to Brendan Rodgers' appointment this summer.

:lolol:

matt

Mar 19, 2007
What a shame that would be for smug, little Nige.

tumblr_m9vx68V1bz1rwwtixo2_500.jpg

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
To be fair, most of us only really take a disliking to Southampton because of their twat of a manager.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Daily Star: Simply The Best 7 Days A Week :: Football :: Southampton ready to send SOS to former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez

SOUTHAMPTON are ready to make an SOS call to former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez, according to reports in Spain.

The Saints currently sit bottom of the Premier League table after losing four out of
Saturday's 6-1 capitulation to Arsenal - coupled with the disappointing home loss to Wigan - is likely to have left chairman Nicola Cortese concerned about the Saints' ability to compete this season.

I]

:lolol:

Was it 6-1?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Please no, I wouldn't be able to keep laughing when they lose every week, I like Rafa

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
The only reason I dislike them is because of Adkins. He is a good manager, but he is a complete t***. With regards to the story, its from The Daily Star, I wouldn't believe anything they publish.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I predict Adkins will remain, and Saints will comfortably stay up.

I thought that at the start of the season. Now i think that if Adkins stays they are going down. Their defence is just not Premier league standard. Benitez would be a very good replacement

Last edited:

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I think if Southampton lose at home to Villa this Weekend, Twatkins will be a dead man walking - Cortese will hit the panic button. Nigel will get a call on Sunday/Monday morning from his boss: "We need to have a little chat about things". :ohmy:

If its a lunch invite to an Italian Restaurant or Little Chef, Adkins may as well take along a few bin liners to empty his desk on the way home.....:D

I need to call past Betfred this afternoon to find out Nigels odds in the sack race.

Last edited:

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I thought that at the start of the season. Now i think that if Adkins stays they are going down. Their defence is just not Premier league standard. Benitez would be a very good replacement

To be fair they have had the hardest start possible playing City, Arsenal and United. If they fail this weekend against Villa (I think that's who they have) then they should be worried.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here