Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Racehorse ‘The Flying Seagull’

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Seagulls Eleven's chance increased by 50pc this morning when The Lion In Winter was ruled out with a bruised foot. Now generally 10-1 third-favourite of five (and possibly worth bearing in mind that he attracted a fair bit of support before the National Stakes).

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Same owners.
Do we actually know the eleven involved?
Seagulls Eleven was one of three horses bought at last year’s Tattersalls October Yearling Sale to join Palmer’s stable to race for the “Two Plus Three Two Plus Four” syndicate, which is headed by Brighton’s veteran midfielder James Milner and includes striker Danny Welbeck and Milner’s former colleague at Liverpool and Brighton, Adam Lallana, now along the south coast at Southampton.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
I see there is a horse called Seagolazo in the 3.15 at York, blue and white stripes.
That's theirs too, was the most expensive of the three they bought as it happens, 82k. Hasn't scaled the same heights as Seagulls Eleven but all three have won.
Seagulls Eleven was one of three horses bought at last year’s Tattersalls October Yearling Sale to join Palmer’s stable to race for the “Two Plus Three Two Plus Four” syndicate, which is headed by Brighton’s veteran midfielder James Milner and includes striker Danny Welbeck and Milner’s former colleague at Liverpool and Brighton, Adam Lallana, now along the south coast at Southampton.
Those are the only ones I could find on record. Would need to confirm others with JM, I asked the club for an interview but he's off media duties for the international break.

Last edited:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Seagulls Eleven is one of 14 pre-entries for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf at Del Mar on Friday week. Race is due off just after midnight UK time, he's around 14-1 with the British bookies but could well be a fair bit bigger on the US tote on the day.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Seagulls Eleven is one of 14 pre-entries for the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf at Del Mar on Friday week. Race is due off just after midnight UK time, he's around 14-1 with the British bookies but could well be a fair bit bigger on the US tote on the day.
Yeah, the British bookies will always shorten British / Irish horses racing overseas on ante-post. As you suggest, bet on the nanny or on the day. I would avoid punting at ante-post prices now.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
That's theirs too, was the most expensive of the three they bought as it happens, 82k. Hasn't scaled the same heights as Seagulls Eleven but all three have won.

Those are the only ones I could find on record. Would need to confirm others with JM, I asked the club for an interview but he's off media duties for the international break.
This may be of interest. All the owners horses, results, winnings and entries

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Owners aiming for the stars and good luck to them. Would agree with avoiding the partisan UK bookies in favour of the US tote on the day. Price will be so much better

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here