Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] R.I.P Neil Peart

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
There are no words really - it’s a sad day for rock and prog, a devastating day for every fan of great music. At uni (i’m 38 now) myself and a good friend were budding musicians, playing bass, drums and an array of guitars between us - Neil, Cozy and John Hiseman not to mention Ian Paice were our drumming hero’s. We loved 2112 as well as Caress and Fly By Night we’re our Rush staples. Only yesterday I was trying out my new delay fx box. messing about with the arpeggio/solo intro to the Necromancer - then I heard the news, via my old uni friend.

Tonight i’ll be giving Caress a spin - my favourite the much derided album - much like me, a bit random a bit different but brilliant nonetheless - ;)

RIP Neil - the high priest.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Never saw rush, but had a few play lists of theirs.

Great drummer

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
There are no words really - it’s a sad day for rock and prog, a devastating day for every fan of great music. At uni (i’m 38 now) myself and a good friend were budding musicians, playing bass, drums and an array of guitars between us - Neil, Cozy and John Hiseman not to mention Ian Paice were our drumming hero’s. We loved 2112 as well as Caress and Fly By Night we’re our Rush staples. Only yesterday I was trying out my new delay fx box. messing about with the arpeggio/solo intro to the Necromancer - then I heard the news, via my old uni friend.

Tonight i’ll be giving Caress a spin - my favourite the much derided album - much like me, a bit random a bit different but brilliant nonetheless - ;)

RIP Neil - the high priest.

You are right, Caress is a great album, I have always liked it. Without Caress the inimitable 2112 would not have been written and that is something I do not care to contemplate.

Just starting my working day (from home I hasten to add) with a blast of "Spirit of Radio" and other Rush on random plays on Spotify - speakers at 11. Out of curiosity I had a look as to when the song came out and the ever reliable (?) Wikipedia informs me that the album "Permanent Waves" from whence the track emanated was released on 14th January 1980 - 40 years ago tomorrow :ohmy:

"Spirit of Radio" was released as a single in the UK in March of 1980 and reached 13 on the UK charts and I am sure that you are all fascinated to learn that the beginning of the song was composed in the key of E mixolydian, and most of the rest of the song in E major.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here