Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

R I P. Lee Rigby

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It's truly shocking and I still can't imagine how his family feel.

RIP Drummer Lee Rigby

My heart goes out to his family and friends.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Once again a thread started to pay respects to a tragic and appalling loss of life has been hijacked by people who have a 'point' to make.

As for your hand wringing self pity, it is tiresome.

Opinion saved for another thread, but would you like to roll over and let me tickle your belly Pres?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Absolutely BH. It is a fact though that Lee Rigby lost his life in fighting for freedom of speech though. If a country does not have free speech it has nothing.

Free speech is to be valued, but so is responsibility. Responsible enough to know that a thread of condolence is not the place to give opinions on the rights or wrongs of it.
There's a time & a place.

RIP Lee Rigby, thoughts & prayers are with his friends & family. I pray that they find some comfort in their grief.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Free speech is to be valued, but so is responsibility. Responsible enough to know that a thread of condolence is not the place to give opinions on the rights or wrongs of it.
There's a time & a place.

RIP Lee Rigby, thoughts & prayers are with his friends & family. I pray that they find some comfort in their grief.

A fair and civilised post. I responded to other comments made. Respect for your post. RIP Lee.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
A great tragedy and terrible for his family and colleagues in the Army.

When you realise, he did his tour of duty in Afghanistan to protect us and those in Afghanistan so we could be free of tyrants etc etc and be able to speak freely.

Yet, we cannot even discuss on a forum the opinions, thoughts and problems in this area, without severe moderation for fear of upsetting people and possible legal prosecutions for saying the 'wrong' thing.

I sincerely hope he hasn't died in vain.....but I fear he has.

RIP Lee Rigby.

Democracy and freedom is an illusion. Government is an illusion.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Can we make a donation to his family from our charity arm To show solidarity . Please.

I think that would be unwise. I understand your sentiment and feel similarly saddened, but I don't feel this is where any NSC charitable donations should be aimed.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I think that would be unwise. I understand your sentiment and feel similarly saddened, but I don't feel this is where any NSC charitable donations should be aimed.

For what reason?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
For what reason?

I personally feel that NSC charitable donations should be made around issues that are common to us all I.e the power of football to do good. Look at the good stuff REMF has done.

Now, if Birdman had suggested that he was going to raise donations from NSC users and who wanted to chip in, then no probs, but NSC as an entity? I think that would be incorrect. It would also open up calls for many other worthy donations.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Once again a thread started to pay respects to a tragic and appalling loss of life has been hijacked by people who have a 'point' to make.

As for your hand wringing self pity, it is tiresome.

Why round on US for that. Lots of people have voiced an opinion on the thread before him. RIP to the young man but if you don't want to hear people's wider opinions then you need to get off here. What everyone wants on here is outright condemnation of the act - quite rightly - but no arguments as to the suffering our government and subsequently our military bring to the homes of certain peoples. Our foreign policy breeds these acts and will continue to do so.
Condone a barbaric killing ? Never, but any debate is stifled on here by certain people because it is not the palatable dish they want served up. Blame ? You need to look closer to home than Afganistaan and the like.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why round on US for that. Lots of people have voiced an opinion on the thread before him. RIP to the young man but if you don't want to hear people's wider opinions then you need to get off here. What everyone wants on here is outright condemnation of the act - quite rightly - but no arguments as to the suffering our government and subsequently our military bring to the homes of certain peoples. Our foreign policy breeds these acts and will continue to do so.
Condone a barbaric killing ? Never, but any debate is stifled on here by certain people because it is not the palatable dish they want served up. Blame ? You need to look closer to home than Afganistaan and the like.

Debate is welcome, but why not discuss the broader issues surrounding the violent radicalisation of young men on another thread, rather than one on which people merely want to pay their respects to the deceased?

We both are experienced enough on NSC to realise that certain topics have a binfest coefficient higher than others, one in which people which is a condolence thread should ideally not be in that category.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Debate is welcome, but why not discuss the broader issues surrounding the violent radicalisation of young men on another thread, rather than one on which people merely want to pay their respects to the deceased?

We both are experienced enough on NSC to realise that certain topics have a binfest coefficient higher than others, one in which people which is a condolence thread should ideally not be in that category.

Ok...

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
They mingle not with laughing comrades again;
They sit no more at familiar tables of home;
They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;
They sleep beyond England's foam.

May you rest in peace Lee.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
RIP Lee Rigby.

I still can't get Wednesday's awful events out of my head. It's so sad, especially for his little boy. Thoughts with his family and friends at this very difficult time.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Just seen the most heartbreaking news conference by the family of Lee Rigby. Not ashamed to admit that it moved me. To think that those two cowards are being treated in an NHS hospital. I appreciate the reasons why but I hope that no pain killers were used.

Also the step father of Lee watched the news footage of the cowardly attack on tv including the pathetic ramblings by that piece of sh#t. This was before he knew about Lees safety. Makes you wonder whether they should have shown that footage. .....I think not.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just watching the press conference with his family,absolutely terrible for them and brought a tear to my eyes.
I just wish if those 2 blokes recover they could line them up against a wall and let his fellow soldiers take aim.

SouthernAddick

May 19, 2013
Brighton
We're hoping to organise a football event involving members of the army from the barracks in memory of Lee Rigby and to help raise money for charity. Hope it goes ahead and that it get's a good attendance which i'm sure it would.

Many of our fans have emailed the club about it and they have already put out a statement saying they are looking into the possibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here