Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Quiet zones on trains

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
If used with noise reducing ear plugs defo.

Otherwise I get to enjoy their music in the quiet zone too. It travels better in the relative quiet.

It's good to share.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
iPod head phones have to be the worst on the market yet the fanbois swear by them. If only they were to go and get a pair of Sennheiser noise reducing it would solve many of the worlds ills.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
iPod head phones have to be the worst on the market yet the fanbois swear by them. If only they were to go and get a pair of Sennheiser noise reducing it would solve many of the worlds ills.

The ones that come with the iPod ? yes, agreed they're pretty bad. Using Sennheiser CX200s myself - only £23 or so, well worth it. Won't go for anything more expensive as my cats tend to eat them if I leave them lying around.

culvers

Jul 6, 2003
Sutton
Someone next to me on the Tube this morning was watching the Wire on his iPad. He had the terrible Apple earphones and I could hear word for word was was going on in the programme whenever the train stopped (I put my music on in the end but could still hear). Of course tube trains are loud when they are moving, but I am sure some noise reducing headphones would have done his ear drums the world of good

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
The ones that come with the iPod ? yes, agreed they're pretty bad. Using Sennheiser CX200s myself - only £23 or so, well worth it. Won't go for anything more expensive as my cats tend to eat them if I leave them lying around.

Yeah my cats eat mine too.

What's that all about?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Yeah my cats eat mine too.

What's that all about?

Dangly bits. Anything that moves on its own - don't think about this too closely, but I've just spent a week with a catheter sticking out of my throbnozzle (for medical reasons) and I had to be verrrrrry careful around my feline friends in case they decided to grab it to play with. That could have brought tears to my eyes.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Had ssame issue when I sat in a couple "quiet zones" last April while in England. Some older lady put the one bloke in his place when he was on his phone though :lolol:

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
You really would have thought by now that reputation conscious Apple would have produced some headphones that weren't globally renowned as being nigh on useless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here