Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Promotion

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
We nearly made the playoffs last season, this is a better side, we'll be there or thereabouts this season. Hard to accept maybe, but we have no divine right to win games and get promotion, if last night didn't enthuse you you are either watching the wrong sport or the wrong team. 'Kin 'ell.

No we wont,1-1 draws do not get sides promoted , untill Gus realises our strikers are not good enough we are going to be midtable at best

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Its a funny old game, we were saying at the Blackpool game how did we not lose that
Leeds at home we saying how did we not win that, still think we need a box to box striker but sure we in the top 6

Last edited:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
So we need to bring in a better striker than CMS do we despite him being the third highest scorer in the league??!! I must add that is more goals than Rhodes who cost Blackburn £8million.

So who is this top championship marksman who never misses a chance that is within our price bracket?

Personally I think our strikers return is excellent so far just need a few more goals being chipped in from other areas

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
So we need to bring in a better striker than CMS do we despite him being the third highest scorer in the league??!! I must add that is more goals than Rhodes who cost Blackburn £8million.

Some people on here need a reality check. :thumbsup:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
But to be fair one or two of our players may well have joined for the money too.

Of course, but to get good/better players you need to pay. We have signed better players, it just hasnt fully paid off.

We need to learn to stop messing up chances given to us on a plate - we take the chances - we will probably win - we MIGHT go up.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For the 1st time I felt Dobbie could be the answer this season. We could do with a targetman but if Dobbie comes good and CMS has rediscovered his early season form along with Crofts getting up to speed I think we may be able to make do with what we have. We have had a few non starts on donkey target men, Gus may be holding out for the real McCoy before moving again?

You can't blame Gus for Orlandi's miss, Kenny's late save and CMS penalty miss. With a bit of luck, which we haven't had this season, except at Blackpool, we could have won by a hatful.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
For the 1st time I felt Dobbie could be the answer this season. We could do with a targetman but if Dobbie comes good and CMS has rediscovered his early season form along with Crofts getting up to speed I think we may be able to make do with what we have. We have had a few non starts on donkey target men, Gus may be holding out for the real McCoy before moving again?

You can't blame Gus for Orlandi's miss, Kenny's late save and CMS penalty miss. With a bit of luck, which we haven't had this season, except at Blackpool, we could have won by a hatful.

If only Gus would start CMS and Dobbie and continue with the approaching of pressing from the start I think we could really challenge and overcome the goal scoring difficulties.

I'm a half empty sort of bloke but for those already writing us off I'm plain mystified

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
If only Gus would start CMS and Dobbie and continue with the approaching of pressing from the start I think we could really challenge and overcome the goal scoring difficulties.

I'm a half empty sort of bloke but for those already writing us off I'm plain mystified

I know Gus likes Barnes to help out at the back and I am not sure Dobbie would be as effective at that, but I would also like to see him start with CMS for a few games and see what happens. Buckley, Orlandi, Dobbie and CMS would be something to watch, but Barnes rarely let's Gus down and did well last night.

The people writing us off don't like Gus and probably never have.

Cronolegs

Nov 19, 2011
Your team is s hit, I remember all the people after 3 games were convinced you were going up....................egg on face hahahaha

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Your team is s hit, I remember all the people after 3 games were convinced you were going up....................egg on face hahahaha

Thanks for that.

You do realise, by the way, that the season isn't even halfway through yet and therefore we have no idea where we, you (I'm assuming you're another Palace troll for our collection?) or anyone else will actually finish?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here