Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Promotion

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
The club are giving out the message that we are gunning for promotion to the Premier League,is it realy acheivable with strikers signed from the 3rd Division.:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I think we've seen enough to know this is not going to be our year.

So let's try and get a quality striker for next season.

Feb 14, 2010
Agree mid table without a goal scorer. Giving Murray to a club newly insolvent who play to 13,000 paying punters has cost us. He needs replacing. We all make mistakes tho and Gus is playing the right football. He just needs to ship a few out and find a goal scorer, in my opinion.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Good footballing team but not enough nouse to close games out at the moment. Playing with two such attack minded fullbacks is fine but we are liable to the counter offensive move. Could and should have won about 8-2 or so tonight. Story of the season. We will win a few games 5-1,4-0,6-2 etc etc but will lose a few 1-0 and 2-0 despite being the better playing team. Not really complaining because I feel that Gus and TB know the issues and will gradually sort them out over the next few seasons.

Keep the faith brothers and sisters

TNBA

TTF

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I think we've seen enough to know this is not going to be our year.

So let's try and get a quality striker for next season.

Will we still have Kuszack Bruno and bridge next season though,i don`t think we will.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Well not Bridge, why not the other two?

Half of the premier league are going to be after Kuszack ,Ferguson would not sell him to a premier league side or any team playing in the champions league when he wanted to leave manure i wonder why.Kuszack came to the Albion because of Poyets reputation and the promise that we will get promoted this season.When promotion is not acheived Kuszack will go to the first premier league club to offer him a contract and with the wages that commands who could blame him.We failed in the summer to sign strikers and that will cost the club promotion.It will be a long time before we have a Keeper and defence to match what we have now

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Agree mid table without a goal scorer. Giving Murray to a club newly insolvent who play to 13,000 paying punters has cost us. He needs replacing. We all make mistakes tho and Gus is playing the right football. He just needs to ship a few out and find a goal scorer, in my opinion.

I think one of GP's biggest problems is precisely there are too many League 1 players who are still under contract until the end of this current season.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Good footballing team but not enough nouse to close games out at the moment. Playing with two such attack minded fullbacks is fine but we are liable to the counter offensive move. Could and should have won about 8-2 or so tonight. Story of the season. We will win a few games 5-1,4-0,6-2 etc etc but will lose a few 1-0 and 2-0 despite being the better playing team. Not really complaining because I feel that Gus and TB know the issues and will gradually sort them out over the next few seasons.

TNBA

TTF

agreed..

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
It was a much improved display last night, full of fast attacking football that was a pleasure to watch; and we deserved 3 points on balance. What I don't understand, however, is why, with a similar line up, we didn't play like that in the three home games before that, which would surely have seen us pick up more points than we have? For what it is worth, I spoke to several Leeds fans after the game who, to a man, thought that we looked a better team than last season. They also thought they had been lucky to get anything from the game and that we had the potential to make the play-offs, which is heartening to hear from the opposition. Roll on the Peterborough game, which I hope we approach in the same vein.

By the by, I wonder why KLL didn't even make the bench. He looked thoroughly pissed off in the warm-up.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Half of the premier league are going to be after Kuszack ,Ferguson would not sell him to a premier league side or any team playing in the champions league when he wanted to leave manure i wonder why.Kuszack came to the Albion because of Poyets reputation and the promise that we will get promoted this season.When promotion is not acheived Kuszack will go to the first premier league club to offer him a contract and with the wages that commands who could blame him.We failed in the summer to sign strikers and that will cost the club promotion.It will be a long time before we have a Keeper and defence to match what we have now

Do you make it up as you go along?

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea

I didn't realise we gave Murray away.

Clearly bad business.

Murray Murray Murray

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Sadly not going to happen,we are nearly there,but still naive at times and get caught out by silly sucker punches.If we get above where we finished last season and keep putting in some of the better performances we have already seen,we will have done o.k. We are just lacking that certain something that will make all the difference.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Sadly not going to happen,we are nearly there,but still naive at times and get caught out by silly sucker punches.If we get above where we finished last season and keep putting in some of the better performances we have already seen,we will have done o.k. We are just lacking that certain something that will make all the difference.

The illusive big striker with presence - ala Jason Roberts in my view.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Going for the only positive I can find - the expectation on us to get top two has now gone. Can't see it happening. So pressure is off and maybe we do a Reading.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south

TNBA

TTF

Have to agree we need to kill sides off when we're on top and should of been comfortable winners last night.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We nearly made the playoffs last season, this is a better side, we'll be there or thereabouts this season. Hard to accept maybe, but we have no divine right to win games and get promotion, if last night didn't enthuse you you are either watching the wrong sport or the wrong team. 'Kin 'ell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here