Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-21/10/24

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I must be the only one to think that's still a pen. He wipes the player out and it's incidental that he touches the ball.
No, you're not alone. I think you'll find Liverpool-hating Gary Neville agrees with you, as of course do the Sanchez haters on NSC.
Seriously? Oh to be that bad, top the league. Chelski have, unfortunately improved.
But thanks to Liverpool they still remain a point behind us. Such a shame we boosted their GD as much as we did!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Really odd game and odd style of play by Liverpool. Basically relying on Chelsea to gift them goals, which they did!

If you compare that performance to Man City, there is only one title winner.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really odd game and odd style of play by Liverpool. Basically relying on Chelsea to gift them goals, which they did!

If you compare that performance to Man City, there is only one title winner.

You forgot about Kroeke’s vast spending ….. can he stop the state of Abu Dhabi winning again? It’s been a two horse race for a few seasons now.

Liverpool are in the financial and therefore football bracket below them with Spurs, Villa.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
You forgot about Kroeke’s vast spending ….. can he stop the state of Abu Dhabi winning again? It’s been a two horse race for a few seasons now.

Liverpool are in the financial and therefore football bracket below them with Spurs, Villa.
The Reds are miles behind city, but to be fair they still win trophies. How long has Kroeke been at arse and still not won anything?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Reds are miles behind city, but to be fair they still win trophies. How long has Kroeke been at arse and still not won anything?

He was really hated by fans like Levy at Spurs, then about 5 years ago embarked on the auntie of all transfer spends, £200m plus per summer. A fact not highlighted by the Arse biased media.

Over 38 games I see the same two fighting it out, Arse lucked out with the Rodri absence.

The rest playing for third downwards. Slot’s doing well so far and they’ve played really well too. Faced a high press today from the biggest spenders on the planet means nothing.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Come off it - Liverpool are well ahead of Spurs and Villa. European success equals big money, as well as history and prestige. As well as winning the European Cup/Champions League 6 times, in the past 60 years (apart from the six years they were banned after Heysel) they have only missed two seasons of European football. Are Spurs and Villa anywhere near that level? (the answer is 'No', BTW!)
And last summer they were financially able to match the highest ever UK transfer, so as well as the prestige and history, they can match the money too. This season I think we may have something resembling a three-way title race (which Manchester City will win!)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Come off it - Liverpool are well ahead of Spurs and Villa. European success equals big money, as well as history and prestige. As well as winning the European Cup/Champions League 6 times, in the past 60 years (apart from the six years they were banned after Heysel) they have only missed two seasons of European football. Are Spurs and Villa anywhere near that level? (the answer is 'No', BTW!)
And last summer they were financially able to match the highest ever UK transfer, so as well as the prestige and history, they can match the money too. This season I think we may have something resembling a three-way title race (which Manchester City will win!)

Of course.

But I’m referring to current budgets to sustain several campaigns until May. Abu Dhabi, Boehly/Clearlake, Kroenke and Manure spend on another level. Giving cover. Although Manure have spent 11 years making a catalogue of mistakes.

Edwards and Klopp were alchemists. Can it be repeated?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Of course.

But I’m referring to current budgets to sustain several campaigns until May. Abu Dhabi, Boehly/Clearlake, Kroenke and Manure spend on another level. Giving cover. Although Manure have spent 11 years making a catalogue of mistakes.

Edwards and Klopp were alchemists. Can it be repeated?
European football whilst esential is icing on cake for these big clubs. Even without it there income is well over double ours. Sponsors are queuing up to sponsor them. I am sure every year we are in PL plus a bit of success our income from sponsors will increase. I remember reading a foreign player signed for a big club and his year salary was paid for by world shirt sales with his name on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here