Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post Match Report

Jul 21, 2003
dunno if we had Roberts or co-co the clown in goal, he was awful, totally at fault for the goal and nearly gifted them a couple others, terrible positioning, looked a mess, we were lucky to win with him in goal tonight was a mare of a game for Roberts.

Can Mayo kick a ball straight?

Cullip nearly ballsed up one attack when he stopped running as he often does he is almost as lazy as Zamora was.

Carpenter, dependable and reliant on him picking up the ball, one of the few players in middle park to actually move for the ball rather than wait for it to arrive at his feet.

Leon Knight looked a cut above the rest and further evidence of how low the Albion has sunk this is after all the 5th , 6th is it choice striker for a premiership side. He is quick and the second goal was amazing how he stretched out reminded me of Mike Small and those extra long legs. That QPR defence wouldnt wanna face him every week.

Started poorly thought apart from the goal we did little in first half, but vastly improved after the break. Perhpas they were watching the highlights on the tele at half time and couldnt see any of their moves and thought theyd better start attacking tha ball for a change.

Ref was on the whole fair and accurate and can only be commended for ensuring every second counted and was played out.

Their two black players up front looked sharp and it was clear our defence struggled at times to contain them. Watson looked all over the place at times.

Harty gave 100%. MOM for me though it was obvious LK was gonna get it, having scored do they people choosing this award stop to think its a team game, no short sighted, though its only my opinion I wouldnt argue with LK being MOM i just wood given it to Hart thats all.

What the **** did Oatway the Charlie of football get on that park for? Stupid decision with extra time mustve been at least 10 mins left couldve cost us the game, bad subbing by SC

5 mins to kick off you have to remind yourslef you are at a professional football match the atmosphere is sh1t and always will be without a roof, why dont the club move the whole of the singers into the North or put hem in a covered stand behind the goal if we ever get these extra seats!

Quite a few gaps around the ground, I hate Sky they a killing the game and putting not enough in.

What was it with these white boards? by foot of the steps on the South side, wots all that about, anyone?

Jones really must go, his std of football skill is even a struggle at this level and he was constantly turned inside out.

Disagree with the goal being all down to Roberts. Players running in front of you, flight of the ball and having to make a quick decision as to whether or not the player gets a touch..

The main deterrent to playing that sort of ball into the box is to station a defender towards the front half of the goal, in line with the rest of the defence.
Then, if they want to play a curling ball in for the runners to get a touch, they have to play it over the front defender. That means the delivery is delayed, allows defenders to pick up the runners and the goalkeeper a chance to come and collect it before the ball has time to drop.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
What an absolute muppet. I am sure he says half of these things to wind us up. Who cares if Knight is 5th or 6th choice at Chelsea...Mutu was player of the season in Serie A, hasselbaink, gudjohnson and forsell are established internationals and carlton cole is a pormising youngster.
Jones I thought nneds the confidence to take players on more, put some great balls into the box..confidence is something he wont get if people lik FG bad mouth him.
Mayo was class.
Cullip made one msitake but looked composed, ie when he did the drag back in first half, and was dominant in the air.
Watson was the only weak point for me.
Roberts played well, ok at fault for the goal perhaps but defence should have been challenging. came out well twice in the first half.
Empty seats? My arse.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
My thoughts for those that care.. Anyone???? Thought not.

Roberts :- Assured, good distribution and excellent when claiming crosses. Not at fault for the goal IMHO, I think it was bad defending in general. Maybe could have calmed things down a bit when we were winning - he was always looking for a quick throw which nearly caught us out once.

Cullip :- Class as usual, tonights performance again goes to show that if he were 3 inches taller he would be in the premiership. The misunderstanding he had with Roberts can be forgiven.

Mayo :- I personally thought he had a bad game. Too many stray passes & caught for pace more than once. There will be better days for the Ginger Prince.

Jones :- After his brief appearance against Bristol Rovers, where I thought he was excellent until sent off, tonight he seemed out of his depth. Even after QPR went down to ten he still couldnt find any space or deliver any decent balls. Oh there was 1 quick throw I remember.

Henderson :- Wasnt at the races 1st half, I thought at that point SC had dropped a bit of a clanger in bringing him in. 2nd half though he looked a lot better and should have scored when put through from a quick throw from Jonesy. Needlessly booked though.

Knight :- Different class, two lineker-esqe goals which will unfortunatley put him in the shop window. All round play was good too, absolutley took the p**s out of shittu in the 2nd half a couple of times.

Overview.

Good result at the end of the day. Had it of stayed at 11 men each I have, & did have a feeling they would go on to win it. We just seemed so vulnerable to their through balls. But luckily it didnt and we done the business. In a season which has so far quite a few red cards already I think we are one of the few teams to take advantage of the sending off. :banana:

Stumpy Tim

Richie Morris said:
What an absolute muppet. I am sure he says half of these things to wind us up.

He says all this to wind people up, and unfortunately you fell for it :shootself Since Ernie showed how funny wind-up merchants can be, FG has become irrelevant. Just ignore everything he says

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Put FG on your ignore list and you won't have to read the repeats.

I'm presuming he's talking the same old bollox ?:wave:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Can't agree with chez about Mayo. I though he was very solid in the tackle, distribution pretty good. It's just that Rodger in front of him had one of his poorer games. And the ball just kept coming straight back.

That was the case in the 1st half anyway.

On the other flank, Harty was up and down the wing all night. He was helping out Watson, who let's face it, badly needed the help.

Knight was class, Cullip was awesome - somehow I knew he was going to make a monkey of that forward with the drag back - but a big big shout also for the under-estimated Hart.

Despite what looked like his pissing about with the ball, I never felt nervous when Roberts had he ball. He even jinked one of their players in the area at one point.

Well played lads - especially in the second half. :clap:

Percy Tantrums

Jul 14, 2003
Brighton
I think that Roberts is aan excellant keeper and anyone with a bit of knowledge about football couldn't blame him for the goal. Mind you the team could have antiicpated the cross better. it looked a rather obvious ploy from where I'm was standard.

A good result in a close game against a good team. The sending off helped us but QPR's indiscipline is their problem.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Roberts did well, not at fault at all, poor defending basically, but a good free kick, I saw several goals like that in the premiership last season . . .remember David 'Ned Flanders' Seaman letting one in from Zola? :lolol:

Jones isnt up to it, Mayo was ok, LK looks great:clap2:

Jul 21, 2003
its up to the keeper to organise positional play for set balls Roberts FAILED, its his fault he wasnt concentrating didnt move and was without a shaddow of doubt at fault for the goal.

Richie Morris said:
What an absolute muppet. I am sure he says half of these things to wind us up.

Richie, Richie Richie. :nono:

How can you possibly think that? :nono:

Everything he says is designed to wind us up. Add him to your ignore list like I've done. I'm not being responsible for him jacking off on the excitement of us biting. He is the Mike Parry of NSC. Coming up with ludicrous arguments for the sole purpose of winding people up. Except he doesn't get paid for it, just gets jollies from it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
FG, thats bollocks, you could clearly see Roberts anticipating a header and moving to his left, then when the ball was dummied he attempted to dive to his left to stop it, a good goal Im afraid,

how the f*** you can say Roberts played badly I dont know, for example when he came rushing out of his goal and saved cleanly and fairly from the QPR attackers feet, . . . .I'm suprised you didnt think it was a penalty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here