Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings Millwall Away

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I had to listen to Warren Aspinall raving about a particular turn from Dicker. Was it as good as he was making out? The markings seem about right from listening.

I did have to do a double take to make sure it was Dicker.it was VERY good!.thought Barnsey was very good today,my MOM.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I had to listen to Warren Aspinall raving about a particular turn from Dicker. Was it as good as he was making out? The markings seem about right from listening.

Yes. It was F good followed by a great cross. Millwall cleared the ensuing header off the line. I didn't see who headed it as I was still in shock from Dicker's turn!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It was amazing, left two Millwall defenders staring at each other wondering what he had done, and, being Gary Dicker, it all took place in slow motion too.

I blinking loved that moment. One of the highlights of the afternoon. I thought him generally class when he came on for CMS. And Barnes was a brilliant front man on his own. I panicked with certain thoughts of us seeming like we'd throw it all away without the loss of our striking trojan and our chief of flair Bruno. But we have some real quality in the middle of the park that allows us to dominate. Bridcutt was stunningly hard, Buckley swiveled and turned and pinged some shots at the near post. Hammond did what he needed to and Orlandi was the master of the nutmeg and gentle touch.

Gus speaks post-match of players seeming tired for the first time, but i didn't see it like that. I thought we bossed the game and in all honesty Millwall were embarrassed by us for most of the time. There were a few occasions when crosses were left or spaces not filled that ought to have been more quickly, so maybe we were mentally tired, but in general, we by far had the upper hand and could have scored a good few more.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I blinking loved that moment. One of the highlights of the afternoon. I thought him generally class when he came on for CMS. And Barnes was a brilliant front man on his own. I panicked with certain thoughts of us seeming like we'd throw it all away without the loss of our striking trojan and our chief of flair Bruno. But we have some real quality in the middle of the park that allows us to dominate. Bridcutt was stunningly hard, Buckley swiveled and turned and pinged some shots at the near post. Hammond did what he needed to and Orlandi was the master of the nutmeg and gentle touch.

Gus speaks post-match of players seeming tired for the first time, but i didn't see it like that. I thought we bossed the game and in all honesty Millwall were embarrassed by us for most of the time. There were a few occasions when crosses were left or spaces not filled that ought to have been more quickly, so maybe we were mentally tired, but in general, we by far had the upper hand and could have scored a good few more.

And we have Dobbie and Spanish Dave and maybe Vicente still to get going. My goodness it could be a good one this year.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Generally comfortable performance and we were in charge except for the last 10 minutes of each half. We turned off at the end of both halves and relied on Kuszczak, who made some good saves (especially the last minute one from Wood) and probably deserved man of the match.

Defensively we were solid for most of the game. Bridge had a great game, getting up and down the wing and the central pairing were solid. Shame about Bruno going off but Calderon did okay as replacement. We dominated the midfield with Bridcutt and Hammond both playing well and Orlandi playing a lot better than midweek. Dicker did okay when coming on too.

Buckley would have been a good shout for man of the match if it wasn't for Kuszczak. As with Watford, Millwall could not deal with him and he did superbly for the first goal (well taken by Barnes). I thought Barnes did well in the central role when he moved up there and will probably start there on Saturday if CMS is injured.

Overall, a very good performance but we needed to get the third before taking our foot off the gas. In the end a good win but Millwall could easily have equalised at the end if it wasn't for Kuszczak at the end. Having said that, we won 2 points from Hull, Burnley, Watford and Millwall away last season. This season it is 9 so can't complain.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
And we have Dobbie and Spanish Dave and maybe Vicente still to get going. My goodness it could be a good one this year.

Exciting thought. Also, Crofts has missed the last three games. Presumably, we would have seen one or both of Lopez and Dobbie yesterday if it wasn't for the injuries and they will probably feature against Birmingham.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yes. It was F good followed by a great cross. Millwall cleared the ensuing header off the line. I didn't see who headed it as I was still in shock from Dicker's turn!

Dicker pressed the pause button on the 2 defenders, great to watch. Also felt he made a huge difference when he come on, we really bossed the midfield.

Dec 29, 2011
Kuszack 9 - Amazing last minute save
Bruno - 7 - Solid until he was forced off
El Abd 8 - Snubbed out Henderson (again) and scored a goal
Greer - 7 - Not as solid as AEA. At fault for the goal
Bridge - 8 - Great signing
Bridcutt - 8 - Quietly effective
Hammond -7- Won the battle with Trotter. Would have been an eight if he had not have cupped his ear to the South Stand three years ago
Orlandi - 6 - Great set pieces, nowt else
Buckley - 8 - Had the better of the full back all afternoon
CMS - 7 - Lively until he want off. Shit hair.
Barnes - 7 - Worked tirelessly and scored. would be an eight, but it's Ashley Barnes

Calderon - 7 - Fitted in seamlessly
Dicker - 5 - Because he is Gary Dicker
Lua Lua - 7 - Skinned his full back three times in ten minutes

PS- I should probably let you know that I wasn't at the game, nor did I listen to the radio commentry.

From listening on the radio these seem the most accurate and fair ratings. Others are too high or too low, but these seem just right.

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Kuszchak - 9
Bruno - 7
Bridge - 8
Greer - 7
AEA - 8
Bridcutt - 9
Orlandi - 8
Hammond - 8
Buckley - 9
Barnes - 8
CMS - 6

Dicker - 7
KLL - 6
Calderon 5

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kuszack 9 - Commanded the area superbly
Bruno 7 - Another solid performance
El Abd 8 - It's El-Abd, innit?
Greer 7 - Good foil for El-Abd as usual
Bridge 8 - Pee-owww! (That's the sound of someone running very fast down the wings).
Bridcutt 7 - Decent performance - he even passed it forwards...
Hammond 6 - ... though this fella rarely did
Orlandi 7 - Much more effective in the middle - not quite so much when he moved out wide
Buckley 8 - Excellent performance for 75 minutes. Still doesn't look like he's got 90 minutes in hm yet
CMS 7 - Looked a real live wire
Barnes 8 - Excellent effort. Close to being MoM.

Calderon 7 - No as much flair as Bruno, but he does get his shots away
Dicker 7 - Him and Orlandi were the most flair. Excellent stuff.
Lua Lua 7 - It's Lua Lua, innit?

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
kuszczak 9 the main reason we're top
Bruno 6
Bridge 7
El-Abd 8
Greer 6
Bridcutt 7
Hammond 7
Orlandi 7
Buckley 8 - has been best player for first 60 mins and then looked tired for last 30 mins of last two games - LuaLua should have come on earlier
CMS 7
Barnes 8

Dicker 8 - his turn from a short corner, followed by pin-perfect cross (to Barnes I think) was absolute class. Gets him a bonus point.
Calderon 7
Lua Lua 7

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average match ratings:

Kuszczak 8.79
Buckley 8.34
El Abd 8.06
Barnes 7.86
Bridcutt 7.86
Bridge 7.71
Orlandi 7.36
Hammond 7.14
Greer 7.00
Bruno 6.71
Mackail-Smith 6.71

Subs
Dicker 7.00
Calderon 6.67
Lualua 6.60

Team average: 7.41

(Lualua played 6 mins of regular time, plus 4 minutes injury time).

NB, with respect, I didn't include the ratings of those who (admitted they) read the bbc text or listened to the radio rather than watching the game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here