Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Picolax

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
In a little under 2 weeks I have to go into hospital for a procedure which effectively checks my insides to see why I am getting pains in my lower abdomen...

Anyway, as a prelude to this procedure I need to spend 36 hours on clear fluids only and the day before take 2 sachets of Picolax (VERY strong laxative) at different times.

On googling this phenomenon I found the following - Picolax which I thought I would share with the world of NSC because it is frankly hilarious (even if incredibly unnerving given what I have to do)

Has anyone else been through this experience and have any tales to tell so I can be fully prepared?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
its shit ........literally and it sounds a bit like you are about to have the old Sigmoidascope (s) job which if you are do not have the gas and air let them put you out altogether.
other than that its really OK
hope it goes well

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
On A stag once my doctor mate slipped
Some picolax in a friends wkd

2 hours later he went to
The loo and spent
The entire night sitting on it.
The bouncer even kicked the door in thinking he was out of it.
He had to explain he thought he had a dodgy sausage at the paint balling.
He was not best pleased.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Blu Tone - very, very funny and very, very true - DO NOT LEAVE HOME and reserve the loo all day (if you've only got one loo make sure others have used it before you drink the stuff - it can work very quickly, .....whoooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!)

good luck

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
You are lucky you're taking this instead of Klean-Prep, another pre-colonosopy 'sorter outer' which tastes absolutely DISGUSTING to the point I was blowing chunks after drinking the second out of three litres of it...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
When I was a student Nurse living at the old Bevendean Hospital we had a food thief in our corridor...who could it be?...put some picolax in the orange juice and I found out that the fat bitch in room 4 was the culprit...the communal bog was occupied for most of the next 6 hours.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Very potent and very quick working. Plan on being on the loo most of the day and then wonder how straw like water can pump out of your butt!:(

Dec 18, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not a pleasant experience! Think water jet! I've had the unfortunate experience of having taken it twice previously ...... At least the second time I knew what to expect, but the first time = horrendous!

Good luck!

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have had to use this stuff several times over the years since getting bowel cancer 9 years ago. I have a colonoscopy every 3 or 4 years as a check and they have to clear you out. I have more of a psycological problem taking the stuff - having the shits isn't so bad. There are alternatives but I don't think they are any better. Do drink a lot of water afterwards as you can get severely dehydrated taking it.
At the end of the day, it is a necessary evil and I hope that the results of your tests are good.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Whilst i've never had to use it (and touch wood i never will) i was linked to that thread a while back, and it is still one of the funniest things i've ever read. You'll have to tell us if it's factually correct!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I had a colonoscopy a few months back and had to take picolax the day before, it's the worst experience ever!!
Make sure you have nothing planned because you will be on the loo every 10mins with gallons of dirty water pouring out your soon to be very sore backside!!
Also, drink as much fluid as you can as I (like a total faggot) passed out from dehydration once I got to hospital, not a nice experience and then followed by a camera up the jacksie, awesome day out :)

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I had 2 colonoscopy's recently. Had to take Picolax, not very nice but needs to be done. The whole procedure was the worst experience of my life. Good luck :thumbsup:

Last edited:

The_NitramJohn

Feb 18, 2012
The best advice I can give is to use Baby Wipes to clean your backside. First time I just used normal Toilet Paper and had a very sore bum. On my Second time, the wet baby wipes certainly helped lessen the soreness.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Be afraid be very afraid. :eek: Had to take it a couple of years ago. Very unnerving how much :shit: is stored inside but more so liquid :shit:. Like already mentioned keep the toilet within touching distance.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I had it a couple of years ago and it wasn't as bad as I was led to believe!

First sachet did nothing, the 2nd one did work although I was almost disappointed by the lack of 'action'. I've had worst the morning after too many pints of guiness and a suspect kebab.

Don't plan on going out though and the baby wipes are probably a good idea!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The best advice I can give is to use Baby Wipes to clean your backside. First time I just used normal Toilet Paper and had a very sore bum. On my Second time, the wet baby wipes certainly helped lessen the soreness.

good informative first post mate
welcome to the forum

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Thanks for all the advice guys, I start this on Tuesday and have stocked up on baby wipes and quilted toilet tissue!

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sudocream is also to be recommended. I've never had to take Picolax but, as a result of having my colon removed, I know what a sore arse can feel like!

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
If you have family at home book yourself into a hotel - they will appreciate it and so will you :lol:

Very potent and very quick working. Plan on being on the loo most of the day and then wonder how straw like water can pump out of your butt!:(

Not a pleasant experience! Think water jet! I've had the unfortunate experience of having taken it twice previously ...... At least the second time I knew what to expect, but the first time = horrendous!

Good luck!

I had 2 colonoscopy's recently. Had to take Picolax, not very nice but needs to be done. The whole procedure was the worst experience of my life. Good luck :thumbsup:

Be afraid be very afraid. :eek: Had to take it a couple of years ago. Very unnerving how much :shit: is stored inside but more so liquid :shit:. Like already mentioned keep the toilet within touching distance.
but apart from that, there really is nothing to worry about :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here