PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is shit.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Must admit I laughed my head off when Greece scored. I thought they looked a much better team and thoroughly deserved their historic win. I laughed a the commentators who didn’t seem to realise that Greece have actually won the Euros whereas England have won one World Cup in their history. Yes we did win 2 World Wars but it was all a long time ago.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
He's the best keeper England have ever had in penalty shootouts

Unfortunately, in the 120 minutes prior to those...

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
He's the best keeper England have ever had in penalty shootouts

Unfortunately, in the 120 minutes prior to those...

Oh come on. He’s hilarious and we need a laugh right? Colwell got him out of jail but it was still typical car crash Pickford. we are stuck with him because nobody else has had a chance.

Flounce

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2006
Now we’re trying to play ‘cultured’ football from the back, inviting the press if needs be, old short arms is out of his depth. His club game is long percentage balls to Calvert-Diver.
I didn’t watch but would it be outrageous to suggest Jason Steele would be a better option if we are indeed playing “cultured” football from the back?

Before anyone suggests he can’t makes saves too :smile:

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I can't believe Pickford is still the starting goalkeeper for England. Henderson is the best English goalkeeper, but has been beset by injuries and playing for a small club. Pope is also better than Pickford and even Relegation Ramsdale the Rubbish should be given his chance ahead of Pickford.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I can't believe Pickford is still the starting goalkeeper for England. Henderson is the best English goalkeeper, but has been beset by injuries and playing for a small club. Pope is also better than Pickford and even Relegation Ramsdale the Rubbish should be given his chance ahead of Pickford.
none of them are categorically better than Pickford and Pickford has been brilliant in tournaments. So gets the nod.

Lack of proper quality competition is the reason he is automatic number 1

Same issues would apply with all those you mention

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
none of them are categorically better than Pickford and Pickford has been brilliant in tournaments. So gets the nod.

Lack of proper quality competition is the reason he is automatic number 1

Same issues would apply with all those you mention
Henderson and Pope are better than Pickford in every respect. Pickford has never been brilliant, he's been no better than fine but let's not pretend he's this generation's Shilton or Seamen. If Henderson had been playing every week for the last 5 years, he would be the England number 1. Pickford is lucky to have as many caps as he does.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I didn’t watch but would it be outrageous to suggest Jason Steele would be a better option if we are indeed playing “cultured” football from the back?

Before anyone suggests he can’t makes saves too :smile:

Yes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here